Tuesday 16 October 2018

Some More Challenges Done & Dusted...

My scrapping has become less OTT these days, but I still love to add a few splatters, so this challenge was perfect for this photo. The 'leisure' idea I used in my title, as it was my very special holiday over in the USA with my younger son:
I really had fun using the chipboard words as starters for my journaling:
Some closies:



I noticed the CSI challenge is much more flexible these days, so I used some of the clues, but not all of them:) 
I went with the neutral tones, as well as the pumpkin colour, & used the wood veneers a LOT. I sorta refound them!!!


I've not entered here before, first time for everything. I've found a lot of the challenge sites I used to go to have gone. Things change all the time, I guess. I know I'm fond of Instagram and FB these days...so I guess maybe others are the same?
Anyways, here's the sketch for this month.
October 2018 Scrapbooking Sketch Challenge
Now, I have taken 'liberties' with this sketch. Partially cos I sketched the sketch, & I sorta did a crappy job, but also cos my photo is big.....
I had such fun adding stickers. I think I got in 18, LOL!! Another USA photo, of course!


So there you have it, my big effort at challenges this month. Probably won't happen again for quite a while, but then, who knows what each new month will bring!
Enough philosophising - take care, now, 
Cheers, Lizzy xo

9 comments:

  1. Good on you Lizzy for getting so many challenges done.. and yes I think a few challenge sites have shut down... and I think blogs are slowly becoming a thing of the past too, but I love to keep my blog going and visiting blogs is still something I like to do.. These are fabulous layouts, great photos great memories... love the bigger photos, that's another trend that is around too.. the smaller photos... but I love the big photos... great use of stickers and wood veneers.. and yes the countdown is on... 29 days I think!!?? and I am sure there is going to be lots of photos of such an important occasion too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your creation for the challenge More Than Word is absolutely fantastic. I really like your initial inspiration for your journaling. Thank you so much for playing along with More Than Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love these!! LOVING how you did the larger photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done you with entering all these Challenges!! You certainly look like you had an amzing time in the US! Love the fabulous photos and your pages are amazing, Lizzy!! Love the little puffy stickers everywhere! I think a lot of people are gravitating more towards Instagram and FB now but, some of us still like the old blogs, although it gets harder every day to find time for commenting. Hope we get to see more of these from you!! Love them!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh go you Lizzy - these are awesome! I LOVE your journalling on the first one and your large photos are spectacular! It looks like you had an amazing trip. I hope we see you again soon at More Than Words :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you good thing! As my little boys would say! You've done brilliantly to get straight into scrapping those gorgeous holiday pics. Love the use of the big, bold photos and profligate use of stickers. How lovely to spend time with your Boy and meet his Friend too. Fancy building that ornate house, to use for 6/8 weeks of the year. How the other half live eh! Especially like the Paradise layout with that gorgeous sky to frame you in the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome work! Love your journaling idea!! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all your pages, they are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of wonderful pages here, Lizzy! So happy to see you playing with us at CSI again! Loving the way you journaled right on the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)