Saturday 13 October 2018

A couple of challenges..... don't die of shock!

Since I've just come back from my holiday visiting my younger son in the USA, I have quite a few photos to scrap. And in an effort to get motivated, I thought I'd join in with a few challenges!
First up, CHALLENGE YOURSELF:
Kept it simple, using a stencil and ink to create the background.
I also used stamps to create the 'garden' down the bottom left:
I then did some more stamping up the top:
Here's my journaling:
I really am enjoying using some big photos for these pages. Then when I display them
in my lounge room, at least you can SEE them decently rather than little photos!

You need to use a recycled item, and this mood board:
I used a project life card that a friend sent me with a note on the back a year or so ago, and I picked out the wooden elements, circles and a touch of the blue from the moodboard:

My son had a blast using the racing car simulator at the Car Museum at Newport. He enjoyed it so much that I had a go too!!
 On each of the photos I wrote a word from 'Let's Go Play' - since this is what playtime is like for a 28 yo boy!!!


This challenge is to use a monochromatic colour scheme. The inspiration picture:
I went with yellow, because of the flowers in the corner of the photo:
Ripped the paper to make some 'wavy lines' a bit like on the peacock picture. Typed my journaling & then cut it out and added it:
Yep, there's a typo, but I can still make sense of it, so it can stay.
Thanks for wading through this long, long, post, if you made it this far!
I've got a few more in the offing - but I don't want to make this any longer;)
Cheers, Lizzy xo

23 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy, These all look wonderful.. I love the first one especially with all the pink, and great photo too.. and play time for your boy looks fun, and love all the yellow in the last page.. so good to see you are scrapping up a storm, looking forward to seeing all the other creations! Enjoying the lovely rain here, really lifts the spirits!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too in love with the first one ! You look fresh and happy :) Glad to see you playing along challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How AWESOME you got to come here and VISIT!!!! Love love love love all of these!!! So gorgeous! LOVING that photo on the first one!! How cool to visit where she wrote!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Lizzy what a fantastic page and I love how you used the note you were given by a friend as your recycle item. Great photos of your son and it is easy to see he had fun with the lovely smile. Thanks for joining in with us at Off The Rails this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! All of these are so gorgeous Lizzy! Great photo of you on the first one and am loving all the pink. The second page looks like a lot of fun was had and love that you recycled the note from your friend. Your last page is fabulous too! I have a thing for lighthouses .. just love them!! Absolutely loved seeing these and looking forward to the next lot!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layouts are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these Lizzy, love your work, thank you for entering our challenge here at Off The Rails, Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely to see you back blogging and the first one took my breath away. To visit the place where Louisa wrote "sigh" what a thrill. To play with your boy! Marvellous and all those stunning houses to see. 3 gorgeous layouts. Look forward to some more soon.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Always a pleasure to 'wade through' your posts and your gorgeous layouts. So many wonderful memories. LMA's Orchard House... wow!! And one can never visit too many lighthouses!! That last yellow layout is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photo and beautiful page! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow Lizzy! These are so awesome! I adore the colours you've used and the masculine feel. Thank you for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Lizzy! I love your recycled element for Off the Rails Scrapbooking and the wood.
    Some really fabulous pages.
    So jealous of your travels ;)
    Thanks for joining in.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lizzy! I am so sorry about the confusion and mix-up with our Inlinkz tool at Challenge YOUrself this month. And I'm also sorry that it took me this long to figure it out. It is fixed now and I added your link! I absolutely love your gorgeous page and creative background. The photo and page are PERFECT for this challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month -I am so happy that you did! And I love your other 2 layouts as well. It looks like you had a fabulous trip to the USA! I have never been to Louisa May Alcott's home - was it amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved your page my Dear!!!! Thanks for joining with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely layouts. love how you do the background for the first layout. thks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 3 super pages and projects. Just adore the yellow lighthouse page...its bright and sunny and the photo fabulous! Love the design here too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Lizzy! Lovely pages! I love how you created your own background and how you matched the colour with your jumper in the photo. Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Always love your work Lizzy, this is no exception, all fabulous, thank you so much for entering here at Off the Rails this month x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful work – these are all such great pages. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Lizzy, you sure have been busy!! Love all your layouts :) Especially love your take on our challenge at Off the Rails, thanks for joining us. Deb xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful layouts. Great idea with your recycling. Thanks for playing along with Off The Rails

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful layouts!! Love them all - especially that stamped background on the first one ;-) - Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)