Thursday 1 November 2018

November 2018 ~ KRAFT PLUS CHALLENGE ~ Mosaics

Yep, get that Eastern Vibe going for this month's KRAFT PLUS challenge:

I've gone a bit different for this month, with a Traveller's Notebook spread.
I actually do a LOT of scrapping in these little books of goodness, these
days, but mostly just for 'me'. Technically, this is a 'just for me' book.
Sandra Scott actually made it for me & it's my 'travel wish list' book.
I used a stencil, gifted me by Mitra Pratt, then kept adding shapes to it, to create
a mosaic pattern on the background. 
I didn't want to use Kraft cardstock, as it's too thick for these little books, so I used
copy paper, then sponged on Tim Holtz ink in 'Twigs' to create the Kraft look.
My friend Jo goes to these fields in Italy each year - I would SO love to visit her
and visit them. It's added to the bucket list!
Getting back to mosaics..... a very 'different' challenge....LUCK!
Hope you can join in at K+ this month!!
Cheers, and Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy H

4 comments:

  1. Oh clever work with making your own background paper; although I like the idea of these little Traveller's Notebooks, I'm not organized enough to get into them. A glorious photo with the mosaic tiles. I hope you make it to Italy when they are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous!! The background you created is exquisite Lizzy .. love the mosaic tile pattern .. and I love the idea of a travel wish list book. The fields in the photo look glorious! I hope you get your wish and are able to visit them some day!! Love your little journal!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous Lizzy! I love the colors and what a great wish.. I do hope you get to go.. it looks amazing! And clever you for making your own back ground paper.. I am sure that little book will be a marvellous thing to look back on when it is full of your dreams!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING the mosaics and the photo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)