Sunday 1 July 2018

JULY KRAFT + CHALLENGE~ WARP & WEFT...

....which basically means WEAVING...of any sort, whether it be a patterned paper, or like some of the oh-so-clever K+ girls have done, REAL weaving!

Me, I did some paper weaving ~ then die cut it up into stars!
It was really fun :)
 To be honest, I had NO IDEA what I was actually doing! But I used washi [that I would NEVER
use in RL, & have NO IDEA why I bought that particular one, and if you can read it, then go ahead
& have a giggle!] to hold down my paper whilst I weaved away.
Added some glue & a piece of paper then got slapped down over the whole shebang & I left it to dry.
We had baby Ashton overnight, and he is at that age where he's found his little legs &
is on constant auto-pilot and just wants to continually RUN!!!



It was a great challenge..... so get your thinking caps on, & join in!
The DT & Guest Designers have come up with some brilliant work HERE

I've discover Memory Dex card creating this month. If you remember the old Rolodex holders, it's basically the same thing, but you make each other pretty cards to sit on them.
Here's the 1st two I made:

Crafting is fun - especially
when you find something new to tackle!
Take care now, & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy xo

7 comments:

  1. Well I couldn't read it completely ;) but still giggled :) the layouts you create for your grandchildren are always fun ! I loved the use of alpha thickers/stickers and way you add little bits and bobs around the photos !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot the main..weaved stars !they are cool !

      Delete
    2. LOL! It says 'Geek is the new sexy'......???!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Lizzy, not sure why this is not coming up on my news feed, but glad I found it now.. love how you find a use for everything even the washi you find in your stash.. love the stars and great moving photos.. and fabulous cards, i have not heard of memory dex or the other one you mentioned!! but they look good.. have a good week, keep warm if it is cold down there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lizzy! I absolutely LOVE this layout and your creative take on this fun challenge! The photos are adorable and your starts look fabulous here. I really love your creativity! Also, I totally giggled when I read the washi tape - LOL!!!!! Hope all is well with you - have fun scrapping and doing all of the wonderful crafty things that you do so well! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute layout of Ashton! He is such a cutie! Love the weaved stars too and I think you look like you had a pretty good idea of what you were doing! LOL
    I remember Rolodex's and these cards are so pretty and such a good way to store them!
    It was cool that one was able to easily remove them and then put back! ;-)
    So glad to see that you still post here once a month about....nice to catch up with your crafting and life in general! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lizzy I didn't know you were BACK!! Good to see your pages again, I love your fun and inventive style. Cool idea to cut shapes from woven papers, which I will definitely be half-inching and I love the white doodling against the kraft paper :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)