Thursday 1 April 2021

KRAFT PLUS CHALLENGE ~ APRIL 2021 ~ MIRROR MIRROR!

 Slightly bizarre title, but it's all about SYMMETRY over at KRAFT PLUS this month. Here's our mood board:

Now, I'm one of those people that if the sign says 'Do Not Touch -Wet Paint'... then I'll want to touch it. Similarly, because this challenge calls for symmetry - straight away I wanted to do the opposite!
Sooooo.... I decided to do what I like to call 'Disrupted Symmetry'. Or perhaps unsymmetrical symmetry? Take your pick... after all, the design is there as a PROMPT - not as a 'be all end all'.
Enough rattling on. Here's my page:
The hearts are symmetrical - but they aren't all the same size of in the same position. I 'disrupted' the symmetry of having the photo in the middle, by tipping it on its side... the stitching is there, but I've made it 'messy'... you get the idea!
I made the glitter paper myself - some glue, some white cardboard and lots of glitter! Still cheaper than buying it, since I had all the bits at home to use up:)
These two are like peas in the same pod. And their personalities are alike, too. I LOVE this photo!
When my step Grand Girl was down, she made me a pile of little fringed hearts - so I've used some here.
And sprinkled some VERY small hearts around - not so easy to stick down, but worth the effort, I think!
I do hope you can join us this month over at KRAFT PLUS!
Cheers, and happy scrapping ~ Lizzy xoxo

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous page packed full of love. I smiled when I read your "ornery" response to being symmetrical. Sounds a bit like someone I know! Love the stitching the plethora of hearts and that delightful photo. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your thinking!! and all the hearts look great.. and the messy stitching is fantastic.. lovely photo too.. and happy april.. how did that happen..???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment....I really appreciate you dropping me a line :)