About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 2 April 2017

Hello there my scrappy friends!
And hello to APRIL. That's 1/4 of the year well
on its way. WHOA! Scary...
I've had a happy mail, embellie making weekend.
Fun with cork - picked up a sheet for 99c from
RIOT ART here in Aussie.
So I die cut, punched, then stamped:
I was very happy with how they turned out. It did take AGES for the white
ink to dry though.
I can safely show you some of the happy mail!
This one was an envelope flip:
The next I made was an envelope one from a sheet of 12x12"
piece of patterned paper. Here's the inside:
I just bought this paper pad [this is rare for me!] from Spotlight. It was 30%
off, & had 60 pages. It's by DCWV & I ADORE all the patterns in there!
Made me very happy :)
Here's the outside front:
There's a velcrose fastening under the button!
I have been scrapping ~ this is one from a while ago:
This grey heart paper was quite strong. I wanted to use it, so
what I did was add some plain white into the mix.
The back, before stitching:
And after:
I think this idea works really well for 'strong' paper!
Some close ups:
 Washi tape! And lots of little bits on each photo. Once again, multi photo
layouts being done. Sometimes I think I've got as many photos
as scrappy bits to 'get through'!!! But, my GOSH! I do LOVE
the 'getting through', LOL!!!!

Thanks, as always, for popping along.
OH! I must give a 'plug' for CREATIVE MAGAZINE.
Bev Code creates an online mag with loads of inspiration
and a very simple way of viewing it, too.
I feel blessed to be a contributor. There are SO many different
styles and projects to take a peek at!
Click HERE to go to the post with the mag link.

Take care now ~ and Happy Scrapping! ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh loving those cork embellies you made!! And loving your page and envelope!!!!! That's awesome how you toned down the background!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those embelishments look great. I love the layout, that grey paper is gorgeous and your envelope is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh just love those cork embellies you made! Awesome layout and love the flip envelop and your handmade envelop is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again with the inspiration! I think I'm off to buy some new white ink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just have so many ideas Lizzy. That envelope from 12x12 paper is genius, going to give that a go for sure. Like the flip envelope idea too, but never heard of it before. How does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes happy april indeedy!! the year is flying!!!! love how you do happy mail. so very lovely of you.. clever too cos I just dont know where to start with them... fabulous layout. love how you broke up the grey paper, and stitching is always good I think.. i hope things have settled down for you and i hope you have a great week ahead... a busy one ahead for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another wonderful dose of inspiration from you Lizzy. Love them all. The happy mail made with one piece of 12 x 12 is a fab idea , I think a Tutorial is in order Hint, Hint and really love the outsied of it, just gorgeous. I actually sent some happy mail off on Friday and forgot to take a photo dam it. Have another finished so must remember to take a photo of it, just need to finish the letter. I have my girl home TOMORROW :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..thanks for all the amazing inspiration, awesome Happy Mail ideas! Note to self..I must try the envelope idea. Fabulous layout......I have trouble working with really patterned paper , the white panel looks great, love the stitching! Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think I've said it before somewhere but this year seems to be flying by even quicker than the last one did .. or maybe I'm just getting old ... Nahhh!! that can't be it!! Crikey, scared myself a bit there!! LOL!! Love, love, love each and every one of these Lizzy. You have been very busy (as ususal .. don't know how you do it) and created a plethora (??!!?) of gorgeousness!! The cork embellies are awesome .. brilliant idea .. and the happy mail is simply fabulous. Love that sweet layout too!! So many sweet little bits and pieces and altogether a stunning page!! Enjoy the rest of this week!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous Happy Mail, and yes the older we get the quicker the days pass, have a great week XX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous layout Lizzy, lovely design and full of fun elements great idea about the "strong" papers, sometimes you get those papers you love and really want to use, but they just look too "much", but this way it really works. Love the happy mail envelope, sooooo cuuuuuute!! Genius idea :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your adorable layout and thanks for sharing your "tips" Lizzy!
    On a more personal note, I've truly enjoyed reading the comment you kindly left on my blog (Montmartre)
    HUGS~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another fun blog post Lizzy and I love what you did with the cork. A clever idea with a great outcome. Whilst I admire your pocket letters and think how pretty they are, I feel a bit spooked by the idea of ever creating any myself. I think it requires a level of concentration that I just don't have. I like the tip about toning down a dominant paper and those pictures of Olive and Joletta are so sweet. The sparkly Love title is gorgeous. Another idea of yours? Lubbaly, Jubbaly :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. totally adore your LO! so gorgeous and wondeful with lots of details! )))) aslo should say I've got the same paper pad and loved it soooo much!!! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sooooo much FUN and awesome things going on here!!! Love that Idea with that envelope!! And a gorgeous page!!! Your layouts are always lovely and inspiring. Hope everything is good!! Take care❤ Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those cork embellies are such fun. I made some a while back think it is time to do some more. The happy mail is just lovely and that envelope is so pretty. I really love the layout with the photo a month. That is such a good idea... what is it with kids and washing baskets. I used to push the twins around and now I have to push Scarli around. hahahahaha. You have been a busy bee Lizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lizzy! Oh my gosh - you have been a busy scrapper/card maker! I love your creativity! I especially love the creations you made with envelopes! And the layout you made is so full of cute photos and wonderful memories. You are amazing and I get inspired every time I visit your blog! THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love how you are using your bits! Having been a recipient of several of your happy mails, I know the project is even better in person!

    And isn't there a great sense of achievement when a busy patterned paper finally gets used up?
    Keep up the good work with those multi-photo spreads!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get quite jealous if I see how much scrapping you have been doing. Time has been a factor for me these past few months...can't wait to get cracking and using up all those heaped up Hip Kits that I have at home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)