About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 2 December 2016

ARTastic - DECEMBER 2016: HOME is where the heart is...

Hi there, my ARTastic and scrappy friends!
We have a slightly unusual, but totally do-able challenge for you this fine December.
And it does NOT involve Christmas. Which is just fine by me, cos for some reason
I find the trad colours involved in the up and coming oh so quickly festive season
really HARD to scrap.
Instead, we have this:
Created by Lisa Frances Judd, called 'Neighbourhood'.
And the THEME you must follow is 'home' - and whatever that may mean to you!
Technically, I guess you therefore COULD scrap Christmas!
Anyways, this is what I came up with:
 So, I finally got on the stitching bandwagon. Gotten off just as quickly, but at
least I DID it!!!! And can you see the 'wavy' line sneaking in there like on the painting?
 I actually did no journaling on the front. Put our full addy & a little info on
the back. Because, honestly? I think the stickers and the photo say it all!
 Even used up some stash! Still busting. Be stash busting 'til the cows come home.
And that'll be a whiles cos I don't live on a farm, heehee!!! Anyways, I won some of this
MME paper a long time ago,  and even tho I love it, it's hard to use:)
A bit different for me. But as well as the wavy design I've taken colours from the
painting as well. Home. What does it mean to you?
I'm absolutely sure whatever it is, it is worth recording....hoping you have time
to get scrappy with us at ARTastic this month :)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

13 comments:

  1. She stitches!! I love the movement you've created with the stitched hills almost as though all roads lead to your home. I agree, home is where the heart is and where we count our blessings. Lovely work Lizzy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such awesomeness in this page! I kinda really want to play along and I haven't played along with challenges in FOREVER!!! You are inspiring! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa!!! Lizzy?? Stitching???? Well, it looks brilliant!!! Have to agree with all the little sayings on this page .. Home .. definitely where the heart is, where we count our blessings and certainly the best place in the world to be. Beautiful page Lizzy .. so heartwarming!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Lizzy and stitching ! I'm impressed :) love all the little sentiments , I hope to visit you some day

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a beautiful layoit Lizzy! Adore how you used here MME paper! because I have the same collection and still don't know how to use in my scrap! but you've done it perfectly!
    and of course photo with the plants into the cup is so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love LoveLove this LO Lizzy!!! The stiches, the blackboard paper with text, the design, ALL OF IT!!!!! ❤️ You are so GOOD!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic take on the challenge Lizzy, I love the wavy design, and you have used the chalkboard paper perfectly, and love the homely photo too! And stitching!!!! Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVING the big title and loveeeeeeeeeeeee the stitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've chosen your photo so cleverly for this one: with the focus up close in the foreground it brings us home and it gave me a feeling of cosiness and closeness. That's genius.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lizzy your stitching is beautiful and it just adds so much to the page. It takes time but it is so worth it. Your home is in such a lovely setting...I wish I can visit. Now wouldn't that be fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the little bits of detail on this layout x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the big title, the stitching and all the text near the photo. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK so I also made a promise to myself that I would not buy ANY more stuff until I have used up some of what I have already got... well that never happened so I am making it a goal for next year. NO MORE STUFF... Seriously! I have to use up what I have got. I keep thinking if I have all the new stuff I will be a better scrapper but it is not happening so I may as well just do it. I wish I lived back on a farm again I do miss it sometimes. The peace and quiet. Lovely layout Miss Lizzy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)