About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Inside my December Daily & Other Stuff!

Hullo there! Today I'd like to share what I've done
inside to prepare my December Daily.
Pop on over to LET'S DECEMBER DAILY
to catch the 'latest'!
I also show you how to make little page tabs:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, here's a Christmas share.
Since it's coming up!
I made this a couple of years ago, & I THINK it was
published in Jot Magazine.....but I'm not sure now.
I know I haven't shared it here!
And I know originally I made it for SCRAP365 mag, but they folded...
I also know I made it to show how you can use non-scrappy stuff on your pages.
Like the bag below, which is used for behind the photo:
Simply ripped & added some texture paste through a stencil.
You can see I've threaded some gold sequins onto a string
as a 'different' embellishment:
I've also used 'table confetti' - heat embossed the little trees so
it looked like snow:
Did I burn my hands, you ask? Well. My fingers
got a little singed. But nothing too drastic ;)!!!!
I also sprinkled the table confetti stars around:
And the other 'non scrappy' supply was the paper clips:
So there you go.
And here's a quick peek at something a bit different.
I decided to do a bigger, flatter 'flip file' happy mail booklet.
'Cos here in Australia, if you keep it FLAT, it's waaaay cheaper
postage!
And the finished front cover. I turned it before I decorated it:
And this is the back cover, with lots of
my 'hand crafted' goodies:
The whole inside - with
a 'nod' to Heidi Swapp's 'catch cry'!!!
I'm finding, for me, this works better than the envelope or flip books
that tend to be folded up & are quite 'fat' to post!
And that's it from me.
You should see the PILE of LOs I've done,
 but NOT blogged or put into challenges.
It's a bit daunting to be honest.....
But I will eventually get to share them, giggles.
Take care now
&
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

12 comments:

  1. A lovely post to start my day. The layout looks fabulous , your little star. Gosh threading those sequins would have done my head in. The snailmail looks great and agree it is a tricky thing getting it flat enough not to cost a arm and leg. I always feel anxious approaching the counter at the post office

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Another amazing post filled to the brim with 'Lizzy Hill' goodies!! Love the layout .. just brilliant how you use ordinary, everyday stuff and make it look so fabulous!! Love the happy mail booklet too .. so many yummy things .. someone's going to be very lucky to receive this .. sooo gorgeous!! Now I'm off to take a look at the Dec Daily page. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful projects Lizzy! think I should lift your idea with sequins )))))) and 40 pages for December Daily is something impossible for me ))))) because I just finished my list with ideas for DD photos and it was hard to cteate 31 ideas )))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are always sharing something interesting or a new embellishment you have made! Your layout looks fantastic with the multi photos, and your happy mail looks so pretty! And I shall pop over to check out the DD, considering tomorrow is December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all amazing! LOVING that lo and the book!!!!! That photo on your lo is ADORABLE!! Off to see your DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to have a trip down memory lane and see Lucas when he was a little tacker. So cute. Always good to see how you harness an object and persuade it onto your page in a transmogrified form. Then the happy mail is just a delight with all the pretties and positive quotes. Lubbaly jubbaly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your happy mail booklet is sooooooo cute and pretty! :)
    And that is a clever idea with those stringed up sequins -super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another couple of fabulous projects Lizzy, just love seeing all your gorgeous creativity!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sequins on a string: what a cute idea.

    Pages you haven't blogged? All I can say is..keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...that Christmas page...simply stunning. Love all the gold touches and the heat embossed trees. I tried my hand at pocket letters...sent and received two...then bailed out. I just don't have enough time and when I do have time I want to make pages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you've put that layout together. I always feel so inspired when I visit your blog because you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! I love how that bag looks on the layout. You are the Queen of up-cycle and I love it. I keep hoarding that kind of stuff to use but somehow never get to it. The happy mail is just uber cool. Lucky lady who gets that. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)