About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 15 October 2016

OCTOBER OFF THE RAILS... Grandpa Walder & the Cherry Tree

G'day folks!
I'm with you today to show you my mid-month reveal of the OFF THE RAILS CHALLENGE
Now, this one was difficult for me. For a variety of reasons I have absolutely no
interest or intention of scrapping Halloween. However, note the 'RIP' on the board.
And of course, Halloween is based on the Holy Festivals of All Hallows and All Saints days.
Where we remember & celebrate & pray for the lives of those loved ones that have died.
Taking ALL that on board AND the colours, I came up with a photo of my dead, but
still much loved Grandpa:
My journaling is in the little bag on the L side, that I made, if you're interested:
I haven't got a typewriter, but I use a downloaded font from the internet on my computer.
I have quite a few 'tiny words'. These are from Studio Fourteen 40 & I thought they
led nicely to the journaling.
 A lovely FUNKY FLAIR STUDIO flair above.
I really enjoyed pulling out as many papers that worked with the colours as I could.
And I used up some stash! YAAAY!!!!
Hoping you can join us for this challenge - Halloween if you want, but family, or someone
close that may have died, if not :) Plenty of choices!!!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. I loved the it !!Fab Masculine page , the denim pattern paper ,color scheme looks wonderful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, really don't like all the hype around about Halloween, and really dislike all the awful decorations in the shops at the moment too... However you have still created a wonderful layout with great papers and embellies and I enjoyed the journaling too.. A lovely tribute to your grandfather... I hope your weekend is going well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful memory to capture! I just loveeeeeeeeee this! LOVING the photo, the colors, the stars and that journaling ... wow ... loving that journaling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done an awesome job with that moodboard Lizzy! I love this page, love the wotd strips and that little journal bag is awesome. What a great memory to scrap :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I share your total disinterest in the invasion of Halloween to our shores, but do admire the way you harnessed the challenge and honoured your Grandfather with this page. The uncluttered page speaks to me of a man with simple needs; someone to love and a bit of dirt. Much like my own Dad; and for that reason, my eyes were leaking as I read of his loss, regrouping, loss, his cherry tree and his spuds. The stuff of life, and healing. THIS is why I scrapbook, to record family stories of the resilient blokes of the bush. Thank You :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your thinking. Have I mentioned that before? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you Lizzy, no interest in Halloween at all but I love your interpretation of the challenge. A lovely way to honour your Grandfather and a beautiful page to do it. He sounds like a lovely and amazing man. I have a great deal of admiration for the men of the land. It's certainly not an easy life. Thank you for sharing his story. Absolutely love this! Enjoy the week. hugs and Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done. LOVE how this came together and the lovely journaling. Yay to using up stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep not into Halloween either , but your take on the challenge is brilliant, very clever and a wonderful tribute to your Grandfather

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Lizzy this had me in tears with a huge lump in my throat. This is why we scrapbook (or why I used to scrap :P)... I can relate to your love of your granpa too.. I was that same with my Pops... A beautiful masculine layout to honour this man. Lucky for us we don't have halloween here at all, although having said that some of the gated communities are trying to do the trick or treat thing for the kids... I am a bit of a grinch so I just don't answer the door :D :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a lovely post and a beautiful layout x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great take on Halloween...I never thought about it like that...but youre absolutely right! ;-) Love this special page of your Grand Father and love the journaling too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful layout Lizzy! And great idea for a Halloween projects I think ))))

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)