About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 13 August 2016

White With One ~ August Challenge 2016

Hi there! The challenge up at WHITE WITH ONE is a little tricky:
Along with this 'rider':
This is a tough colour we know - many of the team struggled with it so we are very happy to be lenient in your interpretation of Magenta Purple - search those stashes ladies and near enough will be good enough :)
Which is just as well, as although I've tried to get the colour as close as possible, it IS 'tricky'!
Inspiration:
Mary Bennetts made this page:
I'm not sure what attracted me, but I just LOOOVE it ~ so I thought I'd try to
'lift' it for the challenge.
The idea of using some of my ribbon stash, like Mary has, only sorta worked,
as I could only find one in that purple tone!
My page:
This is my lovely step-daughter in law. Yes, that's a mouthful. I managed to
get her away from her work for a long, chatty lunch, when we were over in NZ.
The food was YUM, too. Riccarton House is a fabulous place to visit if you're a tourist!
Closies:
 I used ink sprays and a stencil & some texture paste on the background, like Mary!
The 'This is delicious' on the right is a stamp that I've then fussy cut around.
A Charm's Creation button tucked in there and some odd buttons & brads too:)
 I had no "T's" left, so made the "F's" into them for the title...
And of course, the "E's" are actually "M's"!!!
Added a Funky Flair Studio flair and some Simple Story stickers. I'm liking
the look of tissue paper behind my photos atm. Dunno how long for!!!
And I am scrapping a little more than I imagined! Yay for me;)
I've been doing a few Happy Mail letters & some Project Life, too.
Here's a few photos before you go;)
 These are off my I-Phone so a bit dodgy....but I have REALLY been enjoying doing
these folders, made with scraps, to send as surprises to fellow crafters!
I've been making LOTS of my own embellies to send away, as well:
 Vellum & painted tags!
And these:
Adhesive backed cork shapes with stamped words:)
 More tags - this time playing with ruffled ribbon!
 Some mini 'pretend' envelopes:
 Glitter reinforcement rings made with my hand crafted glitter paper:
 And lastly, my vellum 'off cuts' from the word cut outs got turned into these:
Sorry - got carried away there! I've been having fun. Interesting how you go
through phases and stages with different types of scrapping!
And, actually, it's always, always enjoyable!
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Mary Bennetts
Mitra P [frame]

22 comments:

  1. A lovely page to celebrate meetin for lunch. So important to take time to smell the roses. Isn't it fun when some one else's page inspires us to get busy? Not that you need any extra impetus, by the look of this post!!! What a machine! You are amazing Lizzy. I'm impressed. I'm into a blitz in my room. So far have a trolley full of old mags to be recycled. Have called in the sniffer dogs to see if my desk can be located!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!!! Such a lovely memory to keep ❤️ And I think you managed to get really close to the choosen color for the challenge !!! YAY!!! Well Done 😃 And you have done a great and Beautiful work with all those lovely own embellies. Love your creativity!! Have a great weekend! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..Loved the letters on layout ,cool using m as e :) I loved the tags ,seems you have been busy creating ..handcrafted glitter one more cool idea and the last card is fab CAs n cool !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I could inspire you , as you always inspire me . Love your layout and boy you have been busy with all your embellies , they look fabulous, all those tags! they look great and I love your happy mail.The tissue paper on your layout looks cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a different color to use this month.. Your layout looks fantastic, love all the embellies and your clever use of alphas.. And wonderful hand made embellies too, they look great! I hope your weekend is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lizzy. Amazing LO's. Love all the crafty embellishments you have been making. The tags are gorgeous. I still have most of those lovely words you made for me. Must get a few more used. Hoping to see you over at Rubber Dance. It's black and white plus one. Thanks for all your lovely comments. Big hugz from one crazy crafter to another. HUGZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. haven't had a chance all week to troll the blogs and yours was the first I read! Didn't disappoint with all those lovely photos of things to share and that lovely page! Really dig that plummy color! Rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been busy! LOVING all your projects! That lo is just gorgeous! LOVING the purple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness .. you have been one busy, busy lady!!! I absolutely adore your layout! Love, love, love that colour .. absolutely gorjuss!!! Love all your handmade embellies too .. simply awesome!! Amazing works as always!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lizzy what a stunning layout, love your take on this months plus one colour! And just love all those gorgeous embellies you have created! Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lizzy love the scraplift for white with 1 hahahahahah and more purple :D You rocked it. So nice that you have a lovely DIL too. I love the cards and the handmade embellies are just wonderful. I hear you on the going through stages... I am loving playing at the moment and think I will be going off in a whole new direction. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty Lizzy, this is such a lovely layout (thanks to Mary for inspiration) and I think you did Magenta Purple justice!! Thank you so much for joining in with White … with 1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You really are amazing and come up with so many fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow Lizzy so many beautiful projects in one post! )))) love your layout and the purple tones here are so wonderful! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow you are amazing... send me some of your energy!! Wow on your lift and the you totally rocked the colour... I just really really love this page!! everything! pretty pretty tags! Soooo talented Miss Lizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...you have been a busy girl! ;-) Such a funky and cool page...love it! ;-) Your happy mail is super and all those little tags...they are adorable and so special! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, look at all the cool things you made!! Cool layout - fun with the ribbon and letters. I'm in love with your vellum tags!! So awesome! They look terrific! I hope you have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, look at all the cool things you made!! Cool layout - fun with the ribbon and letters. I'm in love with your vellum tags!! So awesome! They look terrific! I hope you have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much inspiration in one little blog post!!! Love the layout and your take on the scraplift! Great little tips too - definitely keep them coming!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful layout, the purple looks great! Lots of fun things you've been up to, but I'm really swooning over your tags!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, you have certainly been busy. Everything looks fabulous...lucky friends are getting happy mail!
    Glad that purple is growing on you...love the look of folded tissue paper...must totally try that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow gorgeous layout. Thanks for joining in with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)