About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 24 August 2016

GOLD! Simply GOLD!... & Design in Paper Challenge;)

Hey there, my scrappy friends!
I'm up on the OFF THE RAILS blog today
with some ideas on creating a few GOLD embellishments, based
on a pile of You Tube videos that I've been watching.
I'm taken with gold atm!
Here's a bit of a 'teaser'.
These are great for the Pocket Letters, File Folders and Flip Books I'm currently
OBSESSED with making!
And just so you have SOMETHING to check out if you're not one
of those peeps who pop on over to 'other' blogs, here's a bit
of Happy Mail I recently sent on its way.
A flip book:
A handmade heart and glassine bag.
The front.
I made and stamped on this little bag, too.
And below, a different one I made - a mini pocket letter!

Anyways, enough chatter.

Onto a NEW challenge, for me. Courtesy of ANNA U, who
gave me the information how to join in over at
The sketch, by Marie is this one:
And here is my interpretation. Not my 'go to' colours,
but the photos dictated them & I was happy
to get some stash out and used!!!
I was very blessed, a couple of years ago now, to fly down
for Sue's birthday bash.... FINALLY scrapping these snaps!
I've used my [new] Wink of Stella pen on the foam title here.
LOVE the subtle glimmer it gives! A few little stickers
tucked in around the place, too:) 
All the wooden stars were coloured with my red Big Brush
 Pitt Artists pen, then 'Winked' up! 
I'm a member of the 'Hey Nae Daily Happy Mail Group'
[hence all the happy mail photos!] & I just got a LOVELY
one from Katie Perry in Wales [hi Katie!!!!]...
it was wrapped in this DIVINE black & white polka dot tissue
paper....which got promptly stuck on here, wrong side
up - cos the colour looked better. DELISH! 
Even managed to jam a rhinestone in the middle of that 50 up there, LOL!!!
Thanks for looking ~ hope you're having a GOOD week &
getting some scrappy time in:)
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Hi there on this wet Wednesday up here! This layout looks fabulous, very glamorous with the colors and all the bling! And good on you for up cycling the paper too! Love your gold hand made embellies that I saw over at otr! Have a good day! I think I need a coffee already to get some motivation to do something! Hehe! Why does a dark rainy day turn me into a sloth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lizzy, just adore those handmade embellies, you are so very clever! And what a fabulous layout loving the touch of glitter silver :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there was a gold medal for innovative recycling among scrappers, then you would be across the line first!!! You always surprise me with your creativity AND your output. I think you must have yours made while I'm still dithering about the paper. Oh well - people types and tiger stripes eh! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page Lizzy. Love black/white/red combo and loving your little bits of gold :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those embellies are gorgeous .. what a brilliant idea!! Love the flip book and the pocket letter .. as for the layout .. well, that is simply gorgeous!! Love the colour combo and the polka dots and the tissue paper makes a wonderful frame for the photos!! Don't know how you find the time for all these amazing makes .. love, love, love!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you've been busy...lucky for us :) Your little miniatures lately are truly cute & its nice to do something different just to mix it up a bit. Your black, white & red page! wow! They always make a great colour combo & well done with the recycling :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you've been busy...lucky for us :) Your little miniatures lately are truly cute & its nice to do something different just to mix it up a bit. Your black, white & red page! wow! They always make a great colour combo & well done with the recycling :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! I am so happy that you joined in Lizzy!! This is FAB!! Love the colors, so fresh!! Also love those small cards in the beginning, and the GOLD!!! YUM!!! Always happy time to visit you my dear friend!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. have to say I adore your LO Lizzy! beautiful combo of the colors and details, those dots and stripes make great contrast! ))) and the book is so pretty! love pink tones and gold accents!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are FABULOUS! LOVING those little hearts in your flip book and loving the colors and grid design on your lo!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool page Lizzy...loving all the Sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again.....forgot to say how 'cute is the flip book, love the touch of gold, it glams stuff up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, thanks..I'm hoping to do some scrapping this afternoon. Though the sun has made a rare appearance, so part of me thinks I should be outside instead.

    Gold..you might be winning me round :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous projects....my favourite? That pocket letter. I have got to try my hand at that...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your gold embellishments (maybe a tute on our weekend :) )
    They would not be my normal go to colours either, but agree that is what the photo's called for and you have done a fabulous job. Love the glitter that pen gives

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your projects are very beautiful! Nice work ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That pocket book is great and the layout is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all the bling on your layout! And you are becoming quite a pro with those pocket letters....I have only sent 1 out and you know who got that...*winks*

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a stunning happy mail. Love those cards and I have seen your goldi bits... just fabulous. Awesome layout too. Love the bold colour.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pocket letters and happy mail! Fab page too....love the celebratory colours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)