About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 4 August 2016

ARTastic CHALLENGE - AUGUST 2016.

Hi there! It's another month & a very interesting challenge at ARTASTIC:
It's a wood cut print by THEA PROCTOR:
And the CRITERIA this month is THE USE OF BLACK PEN.
Initially, when I saw this, I thought of Alice In Wonderland. Dunno why??
Anyways, when I went to create my LO, I ended up doing this 'brain storming':
Now, this was just my initial 'thoughts'....but most of them I ended up going with:
Slightly more than a touch of blue!!!
You can see my pen work....border......drew stars through the stencil as I wrote down:
And of course, my journaling!
Lots of new and old goodies all mixed up...as usual:
 The sort of 'scribble' die cut in the bg came from Lizzie Crust....It's LOVELY!!!
Almost as lovely as my step Great Grand Girl!!!
Hoping you think this challenge is something YOU can get your teeth into.
I think it's a really broad ranging ARTastic challenge.... I had great fun with it!
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy, yes it is now thursday.. the week is flyinnnggggg... Love this layout, great photo, those swing things are great for the little ones.. so glad you could use the die cut.. it is one of my favs.. must use it again soon..hehe.. great inspiration for the challenge.. have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute layout Lizzy, love the colour combo and such an adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like that scribble...like a whole lot! Rock star page, those black stencil traced stars really made me happy! Cool layout! Love that you shared your process with us! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agggh! How can it be Thursday already! Love this super cute jolly jumper on her scribbly background. Great colour combo too and I love the hand drawn stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WO..Such a cute photo !! loved the layering behind it ,pretty color and the grid like diecut :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stand out Lizzy. Love your stencil stars, they look brilliant . I forgot the pen work criteria on mine whoops ! the die is awesome, would love to get my hands on one of those, have to keep a eye out. The flairs are perfect and loving the layers. What is not to love about this . It is really well balanced as well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously cute layout!! Your step Great Grandie is so adorable and she is having such fun on her swing thingy!! Love the colours .. perfect for a girlie page and .. that scribble die .. got to get me one of those!!! Love it!! Love the layers under the photo and, of course, love the flairs. Fantastic page!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute layout! LOVE the photo and all the stars!
    P/s: Wow. You plan your layouts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowo your "brain storm" is great! because usually I don't know what I will be use and how! in most projects I choose the sketch and after I take a photo and the last step is to make a choice what paper will be perfect in this LO )))
    you've done a great job, adore these little stars )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also thought of Alice in Wonderland as soon as I saw the inspo piece! HA!! Too funny!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your lo! LOVING the stars and the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow....awesome page Lizzy! Your brain storming turned out great. Loving you pen work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. About 15 minutes ago, I used a black pen on some patterned paper alphas I had cut out and I hated the result. Now a break, a read of your inspiring post, and I'm ready to go back and look at them with a different eye

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute and funky page! That photo just sooo precious and cute! ;-) Love the doodling and that fab die-cut too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute photo and a super-creative use of that pen. Awesome title work. Love the layering and that sketchy bit behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You just make the best and most fun pages! Love the colors and oh my that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a stunning page that really pops! I love all of your doodling :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning page...love the scribble die x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)