About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 22 July 2016

Scrap the Girls ~ July 2016

SCRAP THE GIRLS has got a really interesting sketch this month:
And I thought I'd challenge myself to stick FIRMLY to it.
Like, JUST use the sketch...... I sort of mostly succeeded. Some extra bits needed popping on 'cos I smudged the Gelato circles [the only bad thing about using them - they take a while to dry!]....but anyways, what do you think? Did I succeed?
That bottom strip is wider for that reason too. Gosh, I'm a MESSY  scrapper. Just not patient enough to let things dry..... oh well!
 Yes, I coloured those little stars [I use that term loosely. No patience for 'real' colouring, either!]. And the Funky Flair Studio photo bomb flair is there for a reason. See below for a closer look!

 Love pinching Chloe's photos from her UK adventures - she's been working there for almost 3 years now. Amazing, lucky girl!
The 'awesome' is from Corbett Creations, an Aussie wood/acrylic company. I coloured it with the black Gelato then used Glossy Accents. And waited ALL NIGHT for it to dry! Not literally - I mean, I did go to bed, giggles!
Happy Scrapping, now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: There are 2 more photos behind the top one. I made a little 'book' up so they were all together! Forgot to photograph that;)

28 comments:

  1. THIS IS HAPPINESS ON PAPER I can totally FEEL IT! you rocked that sketch! And waiting for things to dry??? Who does that?? LOL!!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your work Lizzy, always colorful, clean , crisp and so beautiful oozing with joy and happiness xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that's a great photo thanks for the close up or I may not have noticed! Fabulous take on the sketch, love the stars, and yes what a lucky girl to be over there. I trust she stays safe too! And here we are at Friday again! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! You did a great job with the sketch and I Love IT!! Love Chloe's beautiful red hair❤️ Awesome Lizzy!!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhh I am in love!!!!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the circles and the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes yes you succeeded to the T !! Loved the circles there and little stars !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that definitely counts as a great success! Though you mention impatience, I'm not seeing any from here - there's lots of careful placement of papers and embellies, and it looks great :).I like your drawing/outlining on the bits of paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just going to start drawing little sketchy black borders around everything because it's such a cool design element! This is so bright and fun and the perfect pairing for these photos. As usual, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Lizzy - it looks exactly like the sketch. You blow my mind. How I loved seeing this. Just SUPER. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep you nailed it I reckon. You surprised I'm checking some blogs, I've really been missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep you nailed it I reckon. You surprised I'm checking some blogs, I've really been missing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this page!! Love the colors, that flair button and that you managed to incorporate more photos but still stuck to the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have used the perfect colour combo to make the lovely photo pop and you have stuck to the sketch really well. I am with you on the drying, who has time for that ? The flair is so perfect for the Photo bomber, to funny. Another fantastic layout lady

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! Awesome title and awesome page .. you aced that sketch .. brilliant!! Love the photo (big grin on my face from that) love the colours, the stars (great colouring in .. he! he!), the doodling .. just love your work I reckon!! Awesome!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep I think you nailed it Lizzy! Fabulous fun page......great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep I think you nailed it Lizzy! Fabulous fun page......great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great layout you do! I really love, thanks for playing with us at scrap the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fabulous fun page Lizzy, just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great page and I can still see your style in the final outcome!
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous and fresh page! Love the pop of colours off the gray background! Fun-tabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is a great sketch and you've done a really lovely layout using it. I think I'm going to give this one a go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lizzy this LO is just fantastic! beautiful neutral bg and bright accents catch my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well I think you're always successful but yes it does look an awful lot like the sketch AND it's beautiful sO I'd say yeah. Successful! Love those bright colors with that gray background.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this - what a fun page, suits the sketch perfectly. Thanks for playing along at STG!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with STG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I agree...#nailedit. Thanks for playing along with us at STGxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at STG ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my! Super fun page...love the little bits and pieces and the photo bomb!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)