About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 2 July 2016

KRAFT + CHALLENGE - JULY 2016:

**ALERT** HEAVY PHOTO POST ALERT**
Hi there my Krafty friends. This month at K+ we have this challenge:
And here's the $3-00 bargains I got from the Op shop a whiles ago:
YES! Sooo - for a change I've done an OTP for the challenge. You can do
all sorts of projects for our K+ challenges, not just LOs!
Finished:
You see, I usually scrap things for a reason. I wanted these drawers for my
cottons.... & they worked out nicely because I can pop my 'pretties'
on top as well - less clutter all round. Win-win:)
I've taken the pink & green colours from the mood board; & also the 
feathers attracted me greatly [no surprise there!].
 Embossed feathers using the stamp given me from JO.
Others I've die cut using my Brother machine, then stamped
with music script.
 I found some music charms. Perfect! And I've heat embossed
some real feathers, above. Gives nice texture:)
 Below, you can see how I've used the drawers. The top was a little
dented, but it still works fine:)
I rubbed a little gold InkaGold along the drawer edges, too:)
 At the back top I heat embossed some more feathers & added another
music note charm:
 These are the sheet music feathers on the top of the drawers:
 And on both sides as well.... enjoyed the dripping bits;)
It's such a pretty mood board ~ & sheet
music can be used in so many different ways.
Can't wait to see what you come up with
for K+ this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Oh. My...
    Just give me a minute.....

    Sorry, I had to walk back and pick my jaw up from the floor. I am positively droooooling over your storage case. I bet you'll be so inspired now with that pretty thing just staring you down as you craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a bargain! and I love how you've "lizzyfied " it - the feather embossing is genius and I'm a sucker for a bit of drippage! Music paper always looks so cool doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. great Off the page project Lizzy, love all the details you have added, great mood board to play with , have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Lizzy, this looks amazing just love how you have altered this!! Such a gorgeous keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great buy at the op shop! And what a great make over too! Will be useful for sure. Love the music feathers! And I guess you might hive the old port a new lease on life too! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How organized everything looks and prettied up too :) Loved the embossed feathers on it and the ones with sheet music on it !

    I was drawn towards the brush holder ..fab neon triangles ! I am going to use this on my cards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your a clever chook ! I seem to be endlessly rearranging my scrap space to make more space, what a great job you have done with the set of little drawers. Love the moodboard I will have to put my thinking cap on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow! This is amazing! I am LOVING the colors and the feathers!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so great design yeah love also the feathers very creative

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well this is a pretty excellently clever way of taking on the challenge! I'd love a little set of drawers like that. I have my eye on one which was used for pens and pencils by a girl here when she was little, but I don't think she's ready to give it up yet.

    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I spotted this yesterday and saved it to look at! I knew I wanted a nice cup of coffee to enjoy all the bits!!! I'd totally have saved that too from the shop and make it mine! Rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow Lizzy you've done a great job! this new look is so lovely! and use real feathers with embossing is so creative idea! )))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I love this! LOVE how the colours just pop off the kraft base! And you know how much I love my drawers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my Lizzy! You really know how to think outside the box don't you?
    Love the final look!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your heavy posts!!! This is super duper awesome Lizzy!! You have so lovely idéas , wish I could have a little piece of yours. Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is a good idea. I love the colours and the feathers and you end up with something pretty and practical. GO you :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous op shop buys and brilliant make over. You certainly went outside the box for this challenge and came up aces again!!! Love the colour and the feathers .. totally gorgeous storage for your cottons. Love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a super job with those draws. Always so nice to have pretty things to inspire us, on one's desk!;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)