About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 9 July 2016

DECORATE YER MUG.....LESSology Challenge July 2016:

Not your face! No, this month's LESSology Challenge is to decorate a mug or cup.
 
Which was very challenging for me!
Have you noticed I tend to be more a LO peep than Off the Page?
But a MUG....well, apart from my face.....this had me truly stumped. 
Light-bulb moment. What about a MUG CARD?
Searched the internet. Found a cup card template.
Got my Bro [that is, my Brother Scan'n'Cut] out & we went to town.
Figuratively speaking, that is!
Here's a few 'process' shots:
Covered the cut out shape in pretty patterned paper!
Then, found some old tissue paper & spied the butterflies.
Fussy cutting commenced. Have you tried it with tissue paper?
It AIN'T easy!!
Inked up some bits of lace I had....

then I'd seen a tutorial from FILIZLOVESPAPER
HERE. It's about using stickers to create your own embellies.
Soooo..... to make some of the butterflies, the teapot & the tag:
This is what I did:
Paints on a brayer & slapped on some acrylic paint.
Then...stamped randomly over top once dry:
Then fussy cut or die cut or punch out shapes! Looks brill. Easy peasy, too.
Before I attached the labels to cardstock:
After:
Right! So lots of recycled stuff used..... & teacup sorted!
Good Luck! Can't wait to see how you get creative with this challenge:)
Blessings~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lizzy! Love your mixed media work! What a lovely card to receive! Have a happy weekend! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous work, love all the mixed media that you used, great project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have me stumped as well, great idea you came up with . I am like you and not a really off the page person, the card turned out a treat, well done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well That is very clever and oh so creative too , a fabulous card in the shape of a tea cup, practical and pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lizzy!
    You can really do it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So awesome!! I was worried about this one too ... I just got lucky with my cup I collected. I love your answer to the dilemna! A cup card and it's oh so beautiful... love the lace you've colored.. and very cool tip about the stickers...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not very good with OTP either...you did brilliantly on this! So clever & beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous, Lizzy!! I adore OTP, but a mug would stump me too. lol Great take on the challenge. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! What a totally brilliant idea to make a mug shaped card .. I love it!! Also love the DIY embellies, they are gorgeous. Checked out Filizlovespaper and pinned a couple of her videos and also subscribed .. she has some fabulous tutes .. love it!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVE how it turned out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ofcourse YOU succeded!!! Great take on the challenge I must say!!! Clever clogs 😘 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh Lizzy..... you are so resourceful! LOL, I would never have thought to do a card... I would have done the real deal...(insert rolling eyes) yep...me...sooo.... predictable! Not you though....nup nup nup! And... you've ROCKED it! cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you are clever! I would never have thought of this..and just look how it turned out. A master stroke.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh interesting...had to take a couple of peeps at that sticker idea....awesomeness right there! I do love your tea cuppy card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it's a brilliant idea to make a teacup card ))) just love it! and idea with the stickers is wonderful too! thanks for sharing )))

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so sweet... love the step by step.... looks fabulous. I have just got out my brayer and gelli plate to have a little play... the thought of all that mess is freaking me out a bit though. WIll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks beautiful, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really pretty! LOVE your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great mug shot of your mug card! LOL....you did it beautifully and reminds me of a gorgeous piece of Victorian china! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)