About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 15 July 2016

CHRISTMAS CARDS for MIXED MEDIA & RUBBER STAMPS CARD CHALLENGES ~ July 2016

Yup! I've been 'at it' with a couple of Chrissy cards. TRYING to get ahead!
MIXED MEDIA CARD CHALLENGE
[I was thrilled to be featured in last month's challenge!]:



PERFECT for a Christmas card, I must say, winks!
Had a bit of ribbon lying on the desk. So thought I'd heat emboss it with some sparkling powder.
Who KNEW you could do that. I didn't - but it worked a treat!
And since I had my heat gun out, I heat embossed in blue the tree, then overstamped [a bit dodgy]
the grey Stazon....then added that ribbon. Thought of Becca Cruger, doing my Distress ink sponged bg!
Soooo hard to catch that glimmer shimmery sparkly look that this card gives out:
Meanwhile.....
RUBBER DANCE STAMPS CHALLENGE:


You need to be inspired by the colours & Christmas. Oh! How NEAT an idea, LOL!!!!
I've used a Rubber Dance Stamps bg stamp, then heat embossed my stars & attached with star brads  Now I've got my MISTI, I feel confident stamping straight onto my cards. Really, you can't make a mistake. Best tool I've EVER got. Expensive, but I use it all the time. So it's paying for itself quickly!!!
Close up - trying to get that shimmer again!!
Do you see it? SPARKLICIOUS I reckon!
Anyways, enough rattling on.....that's it from me for today
Bye for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Oh my Lizzy, what stunning Christmas cards, so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool ..never thought about embossing on ribbon ,looks very nice ! Loved the inking on both the card and all the sparkle adds to the festive look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely sparkalicious! And so so pretty! Love the blue colors too, great cards for your stash! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah!! Definitely sparklicious .. love it!! Both cards are so gorgeous .. love your take on both challenges and you are getting so many Chrissy cards done!! (have to get the finger out and do some more myself!) Love these Lizzy .. fantastic cards!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhh these are gorgeous! LOVING that tree and the stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you showing us all up by making Christmas cards already (insert my panicked breathing here - it's July already!?!) Your sparkly bits will be sure to light up anyone's holiday season with happiness. Gorgeous makes (and hey! Thanks for linking up at the Mixed Media Card Challenge, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Embossing on ribbon? That's fiendishly clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. At it again all right ! you and Christmas ! nah good on you for being organised. Love both the cards and all your little tricks , embossing on ribbon .... clever. Would you believe I used stamping and embossing and then stamping over the embossing today ! ..... weird . I don't emboss much either, getting your vibes . Love the blues as well, I think the top one is my fave, but they are both fabulous. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. I worked this morning and the last couple of weeks have been hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Lizzy! I love the shimmer, glitter and sparkle - absolutely yummmmmy!
    Thank you for joining our Christmas in July challenge at Rubber Dance and for using one of my background stamps - it looks rrrreally nice! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know you make me nervous when you start with Christmas cards!!! LOL....But these are gorgeous, sparkly and festive and I can see that you had good fun creating these! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow Lizzy such a brilliant idea to emboss the ribbon! should try it too ))) and your cards are so festive )))

    ReplyDelete
  12. They are beautiful cards but it's so funny looking at them today because summer has finally arrived here in the UK today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever embossing on the ribbon! It adds just the right amount of festive cheer!
    Good on you for getting ahead on those Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lizzy. Great sparkle. Love the embossing on ribbon. Must try that. The background on the second card is just delicious and I love the sparkly stars. Thanks for joining the fun at the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blue is such a beautiful Christmas colour! Thanks for playing with the Rubber Dance challenge, wishing you luck on the draw :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)