About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 7 June 2016

SCRAP AFRICA June 2016: BIG SMILES...

I'm back! Had a good weekend in the rain scrapping. That's 2 things rain is
useful for - scrapping & the garden!
So, this is SCRAP AFRICA'S board:
Oh! Such pretty colours! And that saying....it led me right to this photo
of Tom with Ollie. The Older One [hard knocks school] & the bubba [soft touch].
 And I took inspiration from the blues [mostly], but kept the colours subtle like
the board. 
 The other inspiration I took was by scrap-lifting the design elements [the idea
of the PL cards, in particular] from ANNA. Here's her page for comparison:
I love how something we see other scrappers' do, kick-starts our own
ideas:)
Some more closies. It was GREAT to use up some more PL cards!
 And I really enjoyed adding bits and bobs to them!

The 'words' card below is an amalgamation of 2 - I'm just getting comfortable
with the idea you CAN ALLOW YOURSELF to cut up these cards. It's OK!!!
Not destructive or 'wrong'!!!!
Much easier than fussy cutting flowers, tee-hee.......
Thanks for taking a peek at this one. I also scrapped this photo in black & white
for another challenge! So now both Ollie & us get to pop this page away in our
own scrap albums. Yup, liked it that much!!!
Cheers for now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

24 comments:

  1. Awwww!!!! this is so so sweet!!! I loooov it to pieces!!! So precious photos and your layout is just FAB!!! I am so honred that my little layout gave YOU some inspiration <3 You is way much better though :) Thanks for the ling my friend!! Hav a great new i will soon go to bed LOL!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Lizzy, precious photo and your layout . It has a PL feel to it, Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool board to work from and a lovely lovely page! Hugs for sharing it with us! And gasp, you can cut PL cards? Good thing you told me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a treat to see hands joined across the generations. A very special photo. Love that you kept is simple and the quotes are perfect. We've had rain too, but not the deluge that NSW had. How's your scrap room?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh this is lovely. I love the soft colours. Such a great choice. Love the photos as well. Very special. Thanks for playing along at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep rain is good! Love your layout, the soft blues are perfect for a little boy and big boy page.. and cut up anything I say to get what you are after.. including flowers!! hehe!! had enough winter.. is it spring yet!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of soft colours and I love this! I started building up the courage to cut into my cards when I started doctoring some of the spelling in the ones from the States..though I haven't found a good way to add that "u" to "favourite" yet..

    Lovely, lovely page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I love this Lizzy! That design is awesome! Great use of the PL cards. I think that's the first pic I've seen of Tom too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the stars and the grid design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The inspiration pick is so refreshing ,soft cool colors ! Beautifully represented on your lO ,I loved the arrangement of four small panels on it and the chevron dots !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft and pretty. Love your use of those baby blues! Glad you could the rainy weather in your scraproom.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, rain is good in so many ways .. we get to see more goodies you made, LOL!! Such a precious photo and so beautifully showcased. Love the soft blues with that bit of yellow .. perfect for a boy page. Fabulous idea using the PL cards too .. perfect!! Gorgeous take on the inspiration board!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lizzy how pretty layout you have made! love that beautiful colours and great background and all the little details! using PL cards on the LO's is alweays wonderfulm idea!
    and you're right - sometimes rainy weather is great for scrapbooking! )))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, Lizzy! I love how you used the inspiration from Scrap Africa to create this beautiful page! The photo and you journaling are so precious and your design is fabulously YOU!!! What a great page! Thanks for sharing your talents with all of us, my friend! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable!!!
    Love soft colors...just Amazing!
    Thanks correspondientes playing with us at Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab layout, Lizzy, love the textures, layers, and all of the fun little bits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute layout! love the softness that matches the moodboard perfectly! :) Thanks for playing with Scrap Africa!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet layout!!! The soft colors are matching with your photo perfectly!!! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really lovely layout and a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great photo and theme & very cool PL style interpretation of the mood board at Scrap Africa! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous page Lizzy and love the PL design, with the textured background! Such a cutie and cool photo too! ;-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrap Africa!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the soft colours! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely project, thank you for taking part in Scrap Africa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  24. very pretty LO! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Africa!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)