About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 4 May 2016

ARTastic MAY 2016 challenge - Girls Only!

Since it's Mother's Day month in Australia the 
CRITERIA is  GIRLS ONLY at ARTastic this month.
And this is the lovely art inspiration
picture by John Maitland for you to use:
For this challenge, I thought the girls looked like they were 'puppets
on a string'.....& I took that further, interpreting them as a banner.....
I also used the colours, especially focusing on the touch of black:
 Washi, lots of Gelato work in the background, then a black mist over
a doily stencil.
My journaling:
 I really like these word cards from Studiofourteen40:
 Another one tucked in with some more string:
 The whole LO:
This is such a gorgeous art picture to work with....
& of course, I LOVE scrapping my step grand girls!!!
Hope you've got some girl photos that need scrapping
for our ARTastic challenge this month!
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥


GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Mitra [that plastic doily is a STAPLE!!!]

15 comments:

  1. This looks amazing Lizzy, such a beautiful photo and the background looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! LOVING the colors, that photo and the yummy textures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. That background is really cool and artsy! She looks really happy in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely painting for inspiration! Great colors.. Your layout looks fantastic, great details on the background. And lovely photo too! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Lizzy! I absolutely LOVE your gorgeous page! I really like how you took the inspiration from the lovely work of art and made it your own! The photo is amazing and full of joy! And your background is totally AWESOME! Thanks for your visit to my blog too! HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an arty and cool layout. The background is amazing and you rocked this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing background and really works so well! Love the photo and layers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful , I love how you took your inspiration. I am so literal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a LOVELY background! Very pretty colors! And a cool photo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful layout Lizzy! love touches of black and work with background! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a beautiful picture, I'm not surprised you were inspired.

    I was waiting for some ink to dry this morning..made me realise you must have plenty of patience. Or maybe lots of lovely projects all on the go at one time

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! So the picture inspired you and now you are inspiring me....funny how that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! So the picture inspired you and now you are inspiring me....funny how that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great interpretation and a lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous picture and layout; love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)