About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 4 April 2016

ARTastic challenge ~ APRIL 2016: Lotsa Alphas involved!

Hey there, scrappy mates! It's reveal time at ARTastic!
This month's Criteria is TYPOGRAPHY....so think
alphas, stencilling, patterned paper newsprint etc....
I got out a pile of those bits you get left over when you die cut.
I've had them for 3 years! Time to use 'em up!
Also, you need to use our art picture by Josh Miels as inpsiration:
I went with the alphas on the bg. Mine are random,
but I wanted sooo much to get a similar look. And it worked OK!
Here's my process:
Using black card stock, I applied the die cut alphas with multi-medium [matte].
Then brused on black gesso:

Next, I applied white gesso with a sponge, & used a baby wipe to remove some
as I went so I got the right amount of coverage:
YAY! Then the rest came together really easily. I used
a portrait...well, the 3 step grand kids school photo, in keeping with
the art picture inspiration!
I fussy cut their photo, as it had bright green in the background....
I didn't do much else in the way of embellishments as
the page didn't seem to need it:)
What sort of TYPOGRAPHY can you see working for you with this
amazing Miel's painting??
Hoping you can join in with us this month at ARTastic.
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. LOVE that background!!! Have to try it some day..... Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Gorgeous background and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow awesome Lizzy, that background looks amazing too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowsers!! This is fabulous! Love that background .. simply amazing and, you're right, it didn't need a lot of embellies. Love your take on the board .. fantastic!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..the bg looks exactly like the one in inspiration pick ,glad you shared the steps :) Cut out photos look fab on the bg .I am totally loving the whole page !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely my friend!!! And it is so fun to see your step by step and pretty fun is hat my LO has some similar things with yours....LOL!! Hope everything is great where you are <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! amazing background Lizzy - looks like The Matrix )))) and the details are great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The page is perfect!! Thanks for the inspiration Lizzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks fantastic! Just love the back ground and how you created it.. great idea to cut the photo out too.. looks great! I hope your day is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! LOVING the background you created and the photo cut outs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the perfect background for their 'school' pics Lizzy - and sooooo incredibly done. Love the color because even with all the busyness of the letters - your sweeties show up so well. Love the way you cut them out too.... and yes - they do grow up soooo fast. This is one of my favorite pages - design wise - really enjoyed this one!! XXj.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG!!! Gobsmackingly AMAZEBALLS!! You are so talented lady! LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apart from enjoying looking at your page, today I have also learned that there is such a thing as black gesso

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous take on the challenge, love it. I am yet to use black gesso

    ReplyDelete
  15. That background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this layout. Stunning background and I love that you fussy cut the photo too.. such a striking layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi...I am back. So sorry I went MIA. We are on holiday in Plett and today while Kobus is watching the Masters golf I am reading my favorite blogs. Love this amazing artistic page.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool! I've done this on a canvas background with leftover alphas that were driving me crazy. Just might attempt it again for this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...really love the result of this one! Gorgeous, gorgeous page! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)