About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 4 March 2016

ARTastic March 2016 - The Place We Call Home:

Good morning [well, in Australia!!] friends!
Today it's time to show you the new ARTastic challenge for March.
The CRITERIA is WOOD VENEER. Here is the inspiration picture:
This is created by Maria Taninaka. 
My inspiration comes from the browns and blues, & natural
wood look. I've added a 'pop' of the yellow and pink. as well:)
 There is plenty of wood! It was a great excuse to get it out & USE it!!
The 'ahoy' comes from Mitra P.
Below, a few birds.... since the art picture has one;) And the house, which I've
had for ages finally found a home.... [SOZZY...puns...]
it's a Happy Scatters one:
 I used washi that fitted the colours in the picture. I've outlined
the alphas to make them stand out against this woodgrain paper:

 This page is A4 - one of those I hang inside on a little A4 hanger in our lounge
so that we can enjoy them!
Do you like this inspiration picture? Have you wood veneers that are 
asking to be used up?
Hoping you can use them on our ARTastic challenge this month!
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Mitra

20 comments:

  1. Oh this is lovely, what a great place to call home.. I reckon I could call somewhere like that home one day too.. love all the wood you have used and the paper too.. have a great day.. at your home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very-very inspirational. Beautiful photo! Will pop over to ARTastic to have a look too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the title work, the wood grain and all the wood bits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous view from your verandah Lizzy, and what a lovely place to be able to take your walks. Love the photo!! Love the page too!! Fantastic use of those cute little woody pieces and I love how you did the title .. brilliant work as always!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really stunning page and it's lovely that it won't be hidden away in an album. I had some lovely wood veneer cards until Alfie found them and decided to eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A4 size something different ! loved the idea to have it hanged.. inspiration to create more !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome page Lizzy and beautiful photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birds and the house and the white splatters! Super cool!

    Hugs for using up stuff in such a cool, awesome, way! Love those beach photos, keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome page, Lizzy, seriously digging everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Little birds and houses? Absolutely my favourite wood veneer pieces..what's not to love about this page, then? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wise interpretation of the challenge. Loving the seagull whoopies as they swoop overhead, but most of all love seeing tranquil area where you live. Inspirational .

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful art piece!! And a gorgeous view!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it Lizzy, the colours and textures you,ve used to create your background really bring the photo out onto the page if you know what I mean! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you scrapped your home, such a lovely place to live , waterfront views ~ I could handle that. Love your take on the challenge, all the embellishments are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this piece Lizzy!!! Hope all is well! Thank you for visiting my blog and the Congratulations comment!!! So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fab page Lizzy and love all the earthy details, which are just perfect for your them! Love that it is hanging in your lounge...definitely a page to be enjoyed and shared! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is one of my favourite LO's of yours to date Lizzy! I love that the photo has become part of the background... and the rustic-ness, the 'ahoy' feel - all makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like how every once in a while you change the blog banner. This layout really touched me, true life document, specially your journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Lizzy, with that view who needs a holiday. When can I come ? Lovely page xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. First of all, I absolutely LOVE that photo! And the way you used the wood from the inspiration photo! You have such a creative and artistic eye, my friend! This is amazing and beautiful. And thanks for your visit to my blog too! Congrats on 20 years of marriage!!!! (You are almost caught up to us! LOL!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)