About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 25 February 2016

SCRAP THE GIRLS, A PAINTING & A TIP POST. But not rubbish of course!!!

Recently in NZ, my DIL showed me some photos
of her girl in a poster advertising their dance show. I snapped
some photos of the poster & have scrapped them for her.
The SCRAP THE GIRLS mood board was just perfect!
 I think you can see how I was inspired, heehee! The 'music' flair is actually
gold card, with the music paper in the middle all covered with one of those
epoxy sticky rounds from Sawyer's Place!
 I punched some hearts, then cut around some to just get the 
outline...the butterfly flair is from ADRI DU PREEZ.... I got them
via my scrappy friend Lynette J.
 That gold twine is from Stampin' Up, but I think they don't sell
it ant more. I've done some 'inky' circles & thanks Yvonne Y for 
the buttons! Here's my full LO:
I haven't journaled on the front, cos I need the info on when and who
the other girls are. Once I know, that info will go on the back.
Oh! And the other exciting thing I did was a PAINTING!
I don't paint. Never tried. But I went to a free library acrylic painting
demonstration with Judith Hoste, a well known Central Coast artist.
And got inspired. So the next day I had a go. Here is hers first:
This is what I came up with. You've got to remember, first time ever;)
 And LASTLY but NOT LEASTLY!!!
I'm up over at OFF THE RAILS with a TIPS post for you.
Most of us have die cutting machines of some sort - be it a Big Shot,
Sizzix, Cricut, Silhouette,
or Brother Scan'n'Cut [my newest toy!], for example.
How do you store your die cuts?
Take a peek at OFF THE REAILS if you're interested!!
 And as always ~ happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

22 comments:

  1. That first time ever painting is absolutely marvellous Lizzy, very warm and inviting, keep them coming!!! Great tip about the die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooveee the layout Lizzy .. so dramatic and elegant and so perfect for the subject matter as well as a fabulous take on the mood board. Love the gold on black .. absolutely stunning!! Now .. about the painting .. absabloomin-lutely freaking awesome!!!! .. and it's your first one!! Wowsers .. I hope it's hanging on a wall somewhere!! (love those cute little fishermen .. he! he!) Off to see your post at Off the Rails .. can't wait to see what you do with all those die cuts .. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lizzy stunning layout, just love it!! And your painting is just awesome and great tip too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my - the black and gold look so elegant and perfect for the subject. Love the buttons and the gold twine. Good on you, for having a go at painting, you seem to be a natural!. Thanks for the storage tip for the cut file storage too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhh wow wow wow!! Your lo is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the photos and all the metallic goodies!!! And loving your painting!! It is just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you are keeping busy for sure.. I hope your visitors are enjoying themselves.. I reckon they would be! Fabulous arty layout for STG, just love the gold thread, and metal, and I reckon you should take up painting, as your canvas looks really good.. you know when you have extra spare time, then you could do more painting!! hehe! enjoy the rest of the week.. and off to check out OTR!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. first I have to say your LO is absolutely atunning, elegand and luxury (just because I love gold - as I say earlier)))))
    and your first painting is just WOW for me! because I can't do it at all! ))) so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gold and black - amazing and your first painting - WOWSERS! You are SO talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!!! Just STUNNING!!! That black and gold are so beautiful!!! And so is your first painting!!! You ARE a superstar!!! ♡ Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a Stunning layout..Gold and black always look Glamorous..loved the white circle which ties everything together !Lovely painting !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like an amazing poster..you must all be proud as anything. Of course it deserved a page and I love ow you've captured the mood of the poster so beautifully. You can paint! Bet you want to do more now

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just gorgeous Lizzy......love, love love it!
    You are so CLEVER.....is there anything you cannot do....looks Amazing!
    I think I need a cutting machine of some kind.... I really love the and script...thanks for sharing!~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looove the dramatic effect of the black and gold and really like the white swirls and the hearts are a nice touch. Gees if I could paint like that for the first attempt, I would be as pleased as punch . Thanks for the tips of the storage of the file cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful painting Lizzy! It's not about if it's as good as someone else's, it's yours alone, and it's just really amazing that you tried it out for yourself :) I would love the chance to try real painting too....I really love your layout too, the gold is so striking against the black, super pretty design to the whole thing xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning layout and really, Lizzy, your first time painting?!? That is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the Dance layout and the painting is fab!!! you should do more painting, me thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Lizzy, that dance layout is AMAZEBALLS> I love it. (I'm taking note to possibly scrap lift it at some point) THanks for playing with us at STG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Wow! That dance layout is super cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the textures on your layout and that yummy gold twine!!!!
    And you did awesome on your first painting!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, your painting is stunning! That is a great layout with really unusual colours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cool page and how amazing is that painting! One would never say it was your first! I think you are certainly naturally talented and creative! It sure shows! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Lizzy, beautiful page. Love all the gold touches. I want to use treads on my pages but I just make a mess. Love your first painting...there is a lot of hidden talent xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)