About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 20 February 2016

Challenge YOUrself & White With One February Challenges:

Hullo there! I've been blessed to meet a scrapping girl who lives close by
who likes to pop on over and scrap with me. Which means while she's
working away, I have a bit of time to scrap myself!

So:

That 'swoosh' of chocolate ink pad on the bg? An idea from Sian F, when
she created this LO HERE.
And then, I was looking at this ad & decided it would make a good sketch:
Can you see it? Ooops! Might have used the inspiration photo as a 
stamp-off & do those markers work which thickness do I want
place, too;)!!!! ANYWAYS. What I'm saying is using inspiration
from various sources can help that mojo:)
 I had completely overlooked the fact I had NOT scrapped Lucas's
birthday from May 2015. BAAAD Ma!!!

Meanwhile, over at CHALLENGE YOURSELF:
I find these words hard. But this one didn't take much thinking at all.
And it fits this year of travel & simply enjoying being with my DH
& my grand boys & my friends....I reckon I should TREASURE
each moment. So, I will do my most to follow that thought
through.
That's my thoughts. Used a host of pink ink sprays to create splots
& some circle-ish shapes!
I've seen a few peeps use those diagonal corners & really liked
the effect. The 'treasure' is my writing, then cut using my
Brother Scan N Cut:
I never thought I'd use the clock flair...but it fitted perfectly
here! From Jennifer Grace's shop HAPPY SCATTERS.
Flamingo. Fits too, I think! Thanks Jo R for those stickers, LOVE them!
And finally, some Dusty Attic chippy also sprayed with Glimmer Mist.
Hope something here sparks some inspiration for you guys!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

28 comments:

  1. Oh Lizzy you crafty wizard friend, you. I adore the fact that you took a magazine advert and translated it into a sketch. This is something I do often and my boyfriend always looks at me like I'm crazy when I'm out and I snap a picture of a particularly interesting poster. And then I get to the crazy flamingo page! Love it! Splatters, eclectic elements - the classic Lizzy look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Lizzy, both these layouts are sensational, love the arrangements on your pages and great doodling!! Thanks for joining us at WW1 this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lizzy! Fabulous scrapping! Love the ink swipe on the background in the first one! Great memories in both layouts! Love all the pink in the second layout! And I must say thank you for joining in with White With One this month! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!! I adore both of them Lizzy!! So much to look at and to discover!! And you ar so beautiful on those photos my friend. Thanks for sharing your grea inspiration <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors, the photos and those backgrounds you created!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gobsmacked once again!! You never fail to amaze Lizzy!! The ink swiped background on that first page is brilliant and who'da thought you got your inspo from an add .. brilliant!! Super cute photos and, from the delighted look on his face, I'm not surprised he wants another birthday just like the last one!! Your second page is fabulous too! Great background, fabulous title and I agree .. the little moments are usually the most precious!! Gorgeous photos, great colours and perfectly placed embellies .. Love, love, love!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous pages Lizzy, thanks for joining in with us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! It's cool to see you working with white backgrounds and giving them your special touch. Of course everything looks perfectly grounded and as always there is plenty to enjoy. Oh, and I second the commenter who said how lovely you look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what great pics of you! LOVE that hanging feather chipboard.. gorgeous photos and the little birthday LO - wow on the cake!! that's extraordinary - NO wonder he loved his digger party! Cool way to journal and it being part of the border too... love that. Awesome inspo too! aaah, if only I could find my LO mojo - it ran away - been gone for months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely work and so nice you have designated scrap time :)
    linda from tortagialla.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing!! Love every little detail you put in to your work... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow, Lizzy! Both of your pages featured here are really amazing and filled with your awesome "Lizzy" details! And I especially love the one you made for Challenge YOUrself. The photos of you and Wally are wonderful and you scrapped them with such creativity! I love the colors you used, too. We are very happy that you joined us at Challenge YOUrself this month. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one has so much to love on it! All of those little touches and those great colors. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super duper Lizzie - your mojo is back in style! One of our little boys had a digger cake two years in a row. Love the handwriting and the touches of pink on your special page. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why thank you! I just had a lovely stroll through both of your layouts and enjoyed all the little details quite a lot! So glad you found a scrappy friend to hang with too! I wish I could pop over! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Golly both of these are fabulous. Your layering of small bits shines on both pages.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pages and it's nice to see where you find inspiration, I really love that smear of ink in the first one and will definitely give that a go x

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it all! THe color palette and all the treasures and layers=fab! Good OLW! Kate (CY)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layouts, I love the inking on the first and the splattered on the second :) Thanks for joining in with us over at challenge YOUrself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore your layouts Lizzy! and your inspiratation founded by magazine cover is soooo great! and how you made your bg is juat wonderful idea)))
    and the second LO is so girlish, love that pink tones and pretty details )))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, Lizzy! Love everything about this page, all the pink, the circles, the feathers and so on.... You OLW is so perfect! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great Lizzy! Love what you've done with the background to set everything off. Thanks for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such lovely layouts! Thank you for playing along with our 'chocolate' challenge at White With 1!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fabulous are these! I really love the little cute bits of embellies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely layout full of gorgeous chocolate goodies. Thanks for joining us and playing along at White With 1

    ReplyDelete
  26. 2 gorgeous pages...I especially love that 1st one, with the swooshy background! Very cool! Pretty pink layout too..super bits and bobs and gorgeous chippies! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. lizzy love you page and your OLW thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW Lizzy! 2 Super Sweet layouts! Lovin' your OLW! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)