About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 4 February 2016

ARTastic FEB 2016 - Butterfly & Bird Cards:

Hi there! Time for our new ARTastic challenge!
This amazing piece is your inspiration for this month:
It's by Cathy McClelland & this month's CRITERIA is PAINT!
Luckily, I had some of those backgrounds I'd used paint on with a
few stencils - left over paint from other projects slapped onto white cardstock.
Bottom left is what I started with. I've heat embossed a little bird
on - it's hard to see! On the right is what happened when I added clear
gesso, then followed it with Gelatos and lots of misting of water &
smudging with my fingers!!!
I tried to keep with the colours of the inspiration pic.
The cards:
For this one you can see I've 'cleaned up' the bird with a 'baby wipe' then
outlined it...added some stamping.

The bird is a 'nod' to the art inspiration
picture, which holds 'hidden' birds. I wanted to merge with the background,
like the picture!
For the 2nd one I used a butterfly:
There is sooo much you can do with 'paint' and
Cathy McClelland's picture.
We'd love to see your interpretation
over at ARTastic this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

16 comments:

  1. Oh sooooo pretty Lizzy. What an incredible inspiration piece to work from and you captured the colors beautifully. I love bright colors and I just have to wonder if this is what a butterfly really sees as it flies over.... just like your background... all the colors of the universe. Truly love this card. j

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhh so gorgeous! LOVING those colors and that butterfly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and happy card! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and vibrant...I can see how this inspired you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left over paint makes the best backgrounds I reckon. Makes me want to get out my gelato's , I find I don't have much luck with them,but maybe I should try harder. Your cards look fabbo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are just gorgeous Lizzy!! I know I have already told you so but I say it agan here :) You are fantastic!! So many layers and so much to explore on those cards <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. so wonderful cards Lizzy! I adore those colours and background you got with it! that crackle effect is so pretty! fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow fantastic backgrounds! Love how you have made them into cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one gorgeous inspiration piece and you are just brilliant at creating these amazing backgrounds!! Love the colours and the crackle effect .. stunning!! Totally fabulous cards!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You don't need to add much when you have such lovely starting points. You have shown us the value of layering, letting things dry and then adding a little more here

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really look amazing, I've never tried anything like that but I think I might!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty........love the layering of gorgeous colours. Work of Art cards....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful vibrant colors Lizzy! I love them! the butterflies are super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards, Lizzy, love how you were inspired by the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super pretty and artsy! Really cool! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)