About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 9 January 2016

LESSology JAN 16 - PIRATES LO


Well, it's a NEW YEAR & our first LESSOLOGY challenge
for the year. And it's a BEAUTY!

Challenge #54: Candy Land

Be inspired by the fun and bold colours of candy wrappers!
I used these lollies for inspiration:
I took the bold design element in the middle, the colours & the round shapes
to create this:
And yes! That's bubble wrap behind. Remember , to join in our challenges
you need to recycle or up-cycle at least one element. And the  colour
was just perfect. I think it works a treat!
I've also used spray ink [Adirondack] to colour the hessian:
The buttons sprinkled around the page, & the anchor one here were
from my stash. The wheel is from Mitra & was FUSSY cut from a card -
mostly with a craft knife. Challenging in the extreme! Dylusions ink
coloured it nicely like the Mentos wrapper.....& see?
 I STITCHED!!!!
The paint circles were created with an old toilet roll holder...& more recycled
cardboard behind the photo got a smidgen of paint as well. I'm almost
out of my little Flutterby Design's tabs. They are very versatile!
Mitra might recognize this tag, too....I had some vellum anchors, but they were
a dull blue, so out came the nail polish! Worked a treat - the anchor behind
the tag has been cut with my Brother ScanNCut machine....
Here's a photo of the anchor's nail treatment!
The side cluster has a GORGEOUS flair from Adri du Preez - Lynette Jacobs
knows how to contact her, if you're interested in buying her flair.
It's REALLY nice!
So there you have it! Got a fave lolly? Eat and be inspired at the same time:)
Hoping you will join us at LESSology this month!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

17 comments:

  1. This looks great Lizzy and the colour scheme is perfect for your Arrrrr Pirate page. The bubble wrap works a treat.... clever. The button with the anchor is PERFECT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout to make being ispired by those colors.. fabulous photo.. love the blue and red.. AAARRRhh looks great my hearties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so clever my friend, using bubble wrap!!! Perfect!!! Love the colors too!!! Hope everything is doing well at yours!! Thanks for some great inspiration as always!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Lizzy! I LOVE how this layout really shows your fun personality! It is fun and fabulous and filled with amazing details!(I LOVE that bubble wrap!) I just smiled and giggled when I read your post, too! Thanks for always stopping by my blog and leaving such great comments, too! I want to wish you a wonderful 2016, my friend! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is AWESOME! I love love love that photo, the colors and the bubble wrap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's an amazing LO Lizzy! I love these bright colours, fun theme (and of course photo!!!) but the bubble wrap - I just don't think (never!!) about using it like this! you're really creative mind! )))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun and zany page Lizzy. You must be a quirky gal to be around! Love the colour combos, the use of bubble wrap (who knew), you did obviously! The flair, the nail polish anchor and the button, all look fab on your page. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these colors and the funny picture!!!!
    Happy New Year to you Lizzy, hope my Pocket Letter will arrive soon at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful combination of clear colours and quirky pieces. I love the bubble wrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page!! Such fun and an awesome take on the challenge!! How clever using the bubble wrap behind the photo (did you pop the bubbles first ?? I would have .. LOL!!) Totally love this one!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. If anyone ever asks me who is the most creative person you know, I will shout it from the rooftops - LIZZY HILL!!! I don't even know where to start lauding my compliments on this one. Well, let's go with the bubble wrap - it looks SOOO cool! Now I'm going to be looked at like a crazy person again because you KNOW I'm going to be picking apart some padded packages. The nailpolish idea is just genius. Everything about this makes me smile all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great, bold layout with such a fun photo. I really need to add more interest to my pages, every time I look at yours I notice something different!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...so cool and funky. Loved how you used the bubble wrap...so awesome! You have the greatest ideas Lizzy and you truly are an amazing creator! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am guessing Lolly means Candy in Aussie ;-) That is good, another different word I can use in conversation with my oldest..we love talkin words! Super cool layout! Arrrghhhhhh! ;-) Hugs for using stuff I sent you, makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That photo had me laughing...so fun. Great colour combo and as always I love your little details.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)