About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 4 January 2016

ARTastic JAN 2016 ~ Beach Babe

Howdy there folks & welcome to 2016!
I hope this year is a good one & your New Years resolution lasts all year long;)

Why not make joining us at ARTastic each month one?
I can guarantee a boot load of FABULOUS art inspirations.

Like this one from Isabella May Hunter Tweddle [what a mouthful!!!]:
And the CRITERIA is SUMMER! Simple eh?
My Design Team take:
Used a Funky Flairs Studio flair. some stitching, washi.
You can see I've taken the colours from the picture.,,
 And I played with texture to create a background representing the sea & sand
just like in the art piece, too:
 Next month I'll share a step by step on how I create the background!
Added some little stickers from my mate JO R & also Studio Fourteen 40:
 And another sticker from JO R below. Worked so well with the theme!
The arrow is one I drew, then cut with my Brother Scan N Cut:
 And the whole page:
How does our art piece inspire you? 
Got a summer photo you're itching to scrap?
Join us at ARTastic!
Thanks for checking this one out.....
Blessings, Lizzy ♥♥♥

GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:

20 comments:

  1. Love that texture!! And your bucket looks like it is really in the sand too Lizzy!! This one has me smiling - and wishing for some sunshine too!!! Happy New Year. j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh cute layout, and so wonderful to see a beach this time of year, I'm already dreaming of summer x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes that's Summer...Summer in Australia. Love the attention to detail that you have on this lovely piece Lizzy! Some sniff about stickers...not me...especially when they work as well as this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My - essence of an Aussie Summer - the bright light - the blue, blue sky - tiny toes in the sand - the hat - bucket and spade. Love it and love the flair :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors you used! Adorable layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this page Lizzy .. so bright and fun and summery .. and gorgeous!! Have just had a look at all the posts I've missed and loved each and every one. Am only just now starting to get back into the swing of things after taking a break so, hopefully I'll be keeping up with everything from now on!! I know you had a fabulous Christmas judging from your previous posts and want to wish you and your family the most wonderful 2016. Hoping it brings you everything you wish for. Thank you too for all the fabulous inspiration you have given and looking forward to more of the same!!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing background! A bit of sunshine is just what we need here today on yet another rainy day. It has given me a real lift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah wonderful beachy layout, the background is fabulous, great texture, love the colours too! Cute little beach baby! Great challenge, just wish the days would go slower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow wow wow!!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors, that photo, the sun rays and that little bucket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome ,Loved the fresh n lively colors and will be waiting to know how those textures were created !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is positively the best layout you could have done for that darling baby photo, Lizzy! The background just screams sunshine and beach!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Not only do I wish to scrap summer, I wish it was summer! Had my mittens on today and thought I might fall over and die while pumping gas...very cold after being so warm in NY! Really dig that sun burst and that look you got with it! Super pretty! Kinda want that tutorial right this second! Well, summer first, tutorial second! LOL! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow...this is the perfect summery page with that sunburst centre! ;-) Love the precious photo and the little bucket and spade accent! So perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this summery HAPPY page!!! And you already know it :-) A huge contrast yo our now here in the mountains -24.3 degrees C. And it is pretty the same home in Edsbyn too I think. But thats the swedish winter. Have a beautiful day!! We,read I, have to clean this place up and do our packing. Going home to the reality today... Anna XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my! What a happy happy page! LOVE the colours and the textures!
    Happy new year! Hope 2016 is awesome for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sitting here at just gone 11pm, in the freezing cold with rain lashing down but this post has transported me to the beach! That is a gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a real Aussie, summer layout. Fantastic background and colours. Didn't get much beach colours on my little holiday, but never mind,still had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so brigh and splendiferous!!! I feel all warm and cozy just looking at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh Lizzy don't know how I can miss this wonderful LO! Sun, sand and ocean (or a sea? don't know)))) love this combo of blue and yellow, so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So vibrant and sunny...love the sea and sand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)