About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 16 December 2015

Off the Rails - It's CHRISTMAS Challenge time! And an update on my December Daily:

If you're looking for a challenge in your spare days leading up to
Christmas [JOKE!!!!! CHOKE!!!!]... & you want a different
to the usual colours/mood board. Then I recommend our 
This LO was quite a journey for me - so I've got a little tutorial up
at OTR to show you about it at the end of the month.
Meanwhile, here's what I created:
Some closies
 I've used my Brother Scan'n'Cut to cut my own handwritten word
above. That's an A Piece of Cake Designs flair...
 An SRM sticker, small pink brad and the stars are stamped then
fussy cut out...
 The chevron stamps are STAMPlorations, a win from the lovely
I do enjoy seeing how ink sprays 'react' over a coat of gesso.
Really like that effect! The little splats of pink are actually Dusty Attic
paint, watered down the splotted on!!!
Soooo...... a fun mood board.....hope you have time to join in
at OFF THE RAILS!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, I've started on the inside of my FIRST
ever December Daily.
Linking up with LET'S DECEMBER DAILY
Well, I thought I'd be super organinsed &
decorate my pages then slap on some 4x6 snaps
& add a bit of journaling.
It helps if you LEAVE ROOM for the 4x6 snaps!
See, I thought I'd use my Becky Higgins PL app on my iphone,
create these little collages, print off & paste in.
I ended up having to cut out the journaling
so I could fold it to make it fit.
Below is opened out:
ANYWAYS....that's day 2.
Day 1 [the deer is significant 'cos Mary had the die
so I cut a few out for myself whilst I was visiting!]:
 Also a folded up collage. Cos there was no room.
OH!
Lesson #2. Decorate with a minimum of glue, so
you can rip the stars off & then replace them
once you've pasted in your photo!
Opened out - the other way this time.
Dolly B starred a lot, since I was visiting!!!
OK, so you've got the gist.
My next few busy day pages:
 A smaller collage worked better;)
 The pages are slightly different sizes which is why
you can see some earlier ones peeking out on the L. I liked that idea...

Lesson #3: Make a more flexible daily!
With more room for journaling.
And to think I HONESTLY believed
 I did nothing in December!!!

Lesson #4. Don't underestimate how busy your
life can get even if you think you do zilch!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. LOVE you page and your Dec Daily is looking amazing - it is so fun to look at with the bright colours and little details! Good on you for giving it a go!!! Lucas looks adorable in his little santa hat. I bet you had a great time putting up the tree with your little helper. Over here daisy is banned from the lounge because she is having a great time demolishing the tree and eating the ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This page is ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!! Love the yellow ink and your chevron stamp works like a treat here!! This is a new fave :-) So fun to se your Dec daily also. So odd that you have real SUMMER on the winter, lol ;-) Thank you for sharing ♡ Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! I've been "busting" to see your Dec Daily and it looks fabulous. You are fitting in so much and doing it soooooo beautifully. Never a dull day in December hey. So glad to have you sharing this with us at Let's December Daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Off the Rails page, really like the moodboard and the colour scheme. Your Dec daily is looking great and I feel like a bit of a star lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spare time.. what is that in december days before the house is invaded by hungry family ??? hehe.. I dont have much of it.. sshh i am on the computer at the moment escaping the menu planning and grocery listing.... !! Love the layout.. actually I love the colors on the mood board too.. Does it have to be christmas?? haha.. that is assuming I actually get into my scrap room to create!! hehe.. love the back ground and go Lucas you can rip those pressys!! and fabulous DD.. it will be wonderful to look back on the whole month!! have a great day! wet here.. might just sneek into my scrap room.. shhh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh hooooorray! At last! LOL,... I just did some giggles at the #lessons!! Weeeeeell, most of us have been there!! aha moments abound! Love that it IS coming together and you dooooo have a december life! OH and ripping stuff off to put stuff in... certainly have been there! Could not believe I lived a whole album like that once! (that was a 'never-again'!) I'm in awe of those who can pre-plan! What great pics of you and DollyB! It is a super little album! Thanks heaps for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous! LOVING the LO and the beautiful colors!! And your DD is LOOKING AMAZING!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all I adore the layout. A totally fabulous take on the mood board with an adorable photo (keep ripping into 'em, Lucas!! LOL!!) and totally awesome background work. Love it! .. and then your December Daily!! Got a few giggles from that .. great tips I will certainly have to remember if I ever decide to do one. Love how it's coming together Lizzy and will be wonderful for you and your family to look back on!! .. and .... who's got spare time in December??!!?? LOL!! Nursing my puppy at the moment .. amazing how much time that takes up regardless of all the other things going on!! Awesome projects Lizzy .. looooveee them both!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so organised it is scary... Love the DD and that layout is just too cute. What a sweet little boy <2

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is all fabulous, you must be so delighted with how it's all coming together. And don't we all learn as we go along! Also loving how the different sized pages poke out, your doodling, folded pages and happy journalling. So pleased you're sharing at Let's December Daily and look forward to your next pages.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic projects Lizzy! I love the background on your layout....really well done, love that sweet photo. That moodboard is so pretty! love the pastel colors, I'm off to go check out your tut....love your December Daily too, hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay, so I'm reading backwards and so I've discovered another lovely collection of daily pages. I love them.

    And that layout! Oh, that face!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are on a roll! Fabulous pages! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful LO Lizzy! love the colour palette and intresting design.
    and you DD is amazing too! I'm going to start me DD at 25th Dec, so I use your advices ))))

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't visited your blog ( or any other blogs for a while) and love the new header. Just love the December daily it is full of colour and happiness.!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A gorgeous page and another dip into your Christmas daily....you are amazing! Fabulous work Lizzy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the OTR laoyut!!! sweet, tender colors!!! just fab. and on a sidenote, may I add that I want your life :) :) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)