About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 1 December 2015

LASTING MEMORIES: CHALLENGE #1.

Hi there! I was absolutely THRILLED to be chosen as one of the 
Guest Designers over at LASTING MEMORIES for December.
The theme for the month is 'FUNNY HOLIDAYS'.
And the first one is National Roof Over Your Head Day.
I kid you not! It's all about being aware of the homeless,
& appreciating the home you have. I dug into my old pile
of photos I wanted to scrap from the past.
 For this page, I decided I'd create the background with my many stamps.
And that big flair is Basic Grey. We don't live in the city - but I figured
it was buildings!!
 I've discovered a downloadable typewriter font. SO happy. Small writing, but
that's all the room I had on these little cards.
 Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze makes a good alternative to enamel dots:
 And here's the whole page:
The great thing about LASTING MEMORY challenges is that you have
four over the month.....but you have the WHOLE month to do them!
I so like that idea!!!
Happy Scrapping now ~ Lizzy ♥

NB: AS YOU CAN IMAGINE, I TEND TO WORK AHEAD
FOR ANY SCRAPPY WORK I'M GIVEN. 
SINCE I CREATED THESE PAGES, THE CHALLENGES
HAVE BEEN ALTERED SLIGHTLY FOR A FESTIVE SLANT. 
All the latest info can be found over at
LASTING MEMORIES!

19 comments:

  1. Wow that stamped by is stunning!! And I love the typewriter font - how can I print directly on those labels?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used so many stamps to make your background, I have so many stamps but I always forget to use them. I'm off to a crop on Saturday and I'm going to make sure I pack my stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy December! Already!! This is another challenge site I have never heard of! Fabulous layout! Love all the background details.. Precious memories too! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GDT! This is gorgeous! LOVING the stamped background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your background and such a precious photo. Fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh...that stamped background is amazing! Congrats on your guest designer gig!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you and I would love to live by the sea. What great memories you have and your boys too. stamping gorgeous and the colours are wonderful. I hope that you have many more happy years there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful lo Lizzy! adore this stamping bg and your journaling! wonderful details are here, that big flair catch my eyes, so pretty! )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the Guest spot. What a lovely trip down memory lane, especially like how you described the wheels within wheels and that yummy background stamping :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh!! This is so smart Lizzy!! Looking good!! And a great take on that challenge!! Love to se you guesting LM!! YAY!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the composition of this layout a lot..Specially the stamped bg !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the GDT spot. Wonderful memories to scrap .. love the stamped background! I would dearly love to live by the sea .. we're only a few minutes drive away but it would be nice to live close enough to walk to. Absolutely adore this page!! Have a great day Lizzy!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! This journaling warmed my heart this morning. I love the look of the page..but I love its spirit too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your GDT position. Love all your stamping on the background and I love the journaling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this background Lizzy! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for your visits...your comments are really thoughtful, you are a very sweet person. The background on that layout is that Tim Holtz tissue paper, I like to use it on the background to add some interest...and most of my photos are off Pinterest, they inspire me so much...winter scenes, different faces...congrats on your Guest Design spot, this layout rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely theme and a beautifully documented layout. Something to always look back on

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic layout, just love how you created your background!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cool and pretty layout and love what you did with the background! The photo gorgeous too! When I think of St. Ives, I think of St. Ives in Cornwall, no doubt, where your town got it's name from! Another beautiful and idyllic seaside town! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)