About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 28 December 2015

DUSTY ATTIC STENCILS:

Good day to y'all!
Today I'd like to share some cards I've created using the left over
stenciling I did using some of the DUSTY ATTIC STENCILS.
For how I did this take a peek HERE.
Here's a photo to remind you of the backgrounds
I previously created:
 CARD #1:
I layered the ORNAMENTAL TRIM SET over part of the LACEY NAME PLATE
that I cut in half. I've coloured all the chippy with my 
Pitt Artist big pen, then added some Dusty Attic Paint
'Vintage Gold' over top:
And a closie:

CARD #2:
 The background is created using Dusty Attic Paints in Pesto, Bisque
I've also used the WORD DISKS #1 saying 'just because'. 
And the FOLIAGE #3 worked behind the flower:

CARD #3:
For my last card, I'd run out of left over backgrounds!
So I thought I'd use ink pads with a sponge over some layered stencils.
As a rule of thumb, they say to start with larger stencils and lighter colours,
then work smaller and darker. So that's what I did here.
Started with the FLOWER BURST stencil.....
...added the CONFETTI stencil, then lastly the CUTE DRAGONFLIES one:
I couldn't go past those BIRDS ON A BRANCH #4
[simply cut some off the longer strip of them],
then figured they looked like they ought to be saying 'hello'!!!
So I grabbed this chippy from the SPEECH BUBBLES pack...
Isn't it gorgeous??!!!
I hope you can see how much FUN and versatile stencils can be...
& the Dusty Attic ones are fabulous quality AND very reasonably priced!
This is my last post for Dusty Attic ~
my year on the team is up & I must say, it's been a Growing, and Rewarding
experience, learning to 'play' with chipboard
in a much more confident way!
It's a fabulous bunch of girls that I got to play with, too:):)
Big thanks, especially, to the "Two Jen's" that keep the show on the road!
Cheers for now ~ Happy Scrapping!
Lizzy xo

6 comments:

  1. Lovely HAPPY cards and so fun to se a bit of your stenciling :) AND I am happy to see you make magic with "my" crochet heart :) Have a nice day my dear friend!! Anna XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fabulous... don't you just love stencils!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous use of the stencils, I need to use mine more !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lizzy! these stencils are just divine! so many possibilities. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wonderful use of stencils for the bg Lizzy! the last one is my fave, love the black details )))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cool stencils and pretty cards you made with them! The last one is my fave...love those little birds on a wire! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)