About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 8 December 2015

AN UNPUBLISHED CHRISSY POST FROM 2014...

... when I was promoting Bostik products!
Don't ask me why unpublished! Too long ago.
It ain't a TERRIBLE post or nothin'
Sooo..... here 'tis...

CLAG is a well known Australian brand, in the BOSTIK range of products. They produce these:
[for product info, click HERE]
I decided to use them on some Chrissy cards, alongside some of the CLAG PAINT!
Here's a peek at what I came up with:
 Isn't it DELISH???? I was sooo excited by the glitzy glitter!! I thought I'd share my process! And YES, I KNOW, it's purple......
Below photo is of what I used - but a paint brush or old credit card can be used instead of the brayer - it will just give a slightly different effect:)
So, onto the process:
Now, of course, you could stop right there & use these LOVELY images....BTW, that embossing folder comes from A TIME TO CREATE [Julie has FUN stuff in her online store!!]
Or...you could do this:
I really like how the ink brings out the embossed design...then adding STUFF [Inka Gold, Pearl Drops], just gives some more 'glam'....& of course, to top it off with the glitter...well, it may be a tad OTT...but it IS for Christmas cards!!!!
Some detailed shots:
 Below, since I did DRY embossing...thought I'd add some HEAT embossing for the sentiment!!
 The glue is REALLY simple to appy - you simply can't go wrong. It's developed for kids to use, after all!!
 And would you like to see my 'blooper' card? You all know how I ADORE my nail polish....we-eell...
And a final pic of the other 3 cards. For a simple, easy to use glitter glue - can't go past this BOSTIK one - you'll find it in Australia at most of the big stores - Big W, KMart, Officeworks, Coles, Target, etc etc:
Happy scrapping ~ & get out those embossing folders & USE them!!!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

18 comments:

  1. Christmas cards should be over the top. Love the glittery effect...and yes gesso is pure magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! You really have all the great ide'as!! This I have to give a try some day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look stunning, I might have a go at trying that technique when I've got some time off over Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I am glad you finally posted this post and a timely one with Christmas around the corner. Love the effect , nothing like a bit of glitz and the textures look fabulous . Might have to get the embossing folders out today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are perfect for Advent and Jacaranda blooming. LOVE this technique and will certainly be giving it a try. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. You rock girl! Love that you have been keeping this from us for a year...and it's purple to boot! Super cool that color! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow! These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely done! Gesso is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are so gorgeous!! What a brilliant technique and, you know, I looooveee purple so of course I love these!! Love the glitter and the glam .. perfect for Christmas!! Have a great week Lizzy!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards Lizzy! I love glitter glue it really adds a touch of sparkle to anything! I have seen these in the shops though but now that you have shown what they look like I might notice them now! Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this embossing folder. That looks so cool AND do I see purple again? Could it be you have had a change of heart? :D You rock the thinking outside the box with these things Lizzy a fab tut.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OTT no..not at all ..loved the layers of colors and various mediums ,Glitter !Perfect for festive season !

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW Lizzy! I cannot believe that this post went unpublished! Your cards are absolutely G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! I would never have looked at that glitter glue twice, but now I want to run right out to the store and get some!!!! I haven't even started my Christmas cards yet. YIKES!!! Thanks for your wonderful visit to my blog, my friend. HUGS!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cool....what an awesome idea. Definitely Delish! Love the gesso card......it looks very snowy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so stunning projects Lizzy! love this purple and mediums, with this gliter your cards shine so bright! )))) look so festive )))

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blingy creations. Am going to seriously steal the mixed and messy paint brayering. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really artsy and beautiful card! The embossing and ink are super combinations! Love the colouring here and definitely a fabulous result! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG!!! I almost fell off my chair...P-U-R-P-L-E cards!!! and you know what? they are lovely - you should do more purple. looove the gessoed one and the very last one! fab idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)