About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 27 November 2015

Scrap the Boys & Frosty Festivities cont:

I tend to take a lot of photos of food. Especially with my Grand Boy:
 The 'my faves' is actually a clear tag.... I FORGOT to write the date
before I photographed this page! Silly me!
The 'happy' is a Dusty Attic word pebble that I've covered with an
sticky bubble from Sawyer's Place.
 The cork chevrons above are from Happy Scatters. LOVE them! 
Lots of bg work with layers of stencilng:)
The story:
 I had fun layering up some circles I'd cut from MME pp that I was given
by Ronda Palazzari. Well, my Brother Scan'n'Cut cut them actually;)!!!
 Nothing like a few toilet roll paint circles, eh??!!!!
Almost as good as non-cuttered up gingerbread men with SULTANA
bits 'cos that's what the Boy wanted to add!!!

And a few more cards for FROSTY FESTIVITES over at JENNIFER GRACE:
This one started as from the inspiration here:
Christmas Village Candle Houses Kids Craft (for LED candles)
I had a stamp of the Christmas stable - as house-like as the
Carpenter family could find!!!
Then I added 'lights' by cutting the little triangles out & backing them
with gold glitter paper......
...then I thought a few more glittery stars wouldn't go astray! So this is
my interpretation of cutting stars & using white glitter!!! LOL!!!
Then, Jennifer put up this card HERE:
Decorated Notebook Stocking Filler or Teacher Gift at Jennifer Grace Creates
There's also a BLOG HOP if you're interested.
I took the triangles & went with that:
That sentiment was created using my Brother Scan'N'Cut.
Do LOVE that machine;)


GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:


24 comments:

  1. He is sooo CUTE that little man!! And you have, as always, made a gorgeous page!! Amazing BG work!! I try to see and learn and try to find the patience to try to make all those layers with colors and stencils. ME LIKE <3 Have a super NICE trip now my friend!! Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page, and a lovely little dude cooking! Good to see you are aching him well lol ;) A gorgeous LO and one he'll treasure when he is older xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your posts make me happy! now, I have no idea what you are talking about above with the gingermen...as in Sultana bits...I'll have to hit google...no double it's something yummy we don't have...and I have a TON of gingerbread men cutters...Will have to put one in with the Turkey feathers I'm sending you in the next package...have to wait for the first one to arrive first! Super fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little Grandboy is such an adorable little chappy and it is quite obvious he loves cooking with Grandma!! Such a heartwarming page you've created around his photos with a great background, lovely colours and fabulous embellies!! Have to say, the star is definitely the happy little cook in the middle!! Love the cards too!! The sparkle on the first and the colours on the second .. gorgeous!!! Love coming here for a visit, you always put a smile on my face!! Thank you!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a gorgeous layout, Lizzy with the most wonderful photos. How much fun is your little grandboy having there!.....too cute. Love your cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucas is so cuuuute boy! and your LO is absolutely gorgeous! so beautiful palette and texture on the bg!
    and your cards are so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are clever to make gingerbread biscuits without a cutter! And of course sultanas are the perfect addition. This little Grandboy will make someone a fabulous partner one day, with all his culinary skills. Excellent background work and lovely cards - my fave is the Joy, Love, Peace, Christmas card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your stb layout, those photos are perfect for the challenge... Fab background details too! And love the chrissy cards too! The gold stars are wonderful and love the colours in the second card! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Wuv his gingerbread men...you go and take as many photos of this cutie as you can...we will never get enough. Lovely page my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! LOVING the photo collage on your lo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too loving the photo collage...very cute and fun work on bg ! Very creative idea to use alphabets for Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super fun baking page Lizzy......love the collection of cute pics! The background work looks like frosting. You can never have to much sparkle, really pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaaaawwww that brings it all back - making gingerbread men with my boys when they were little, looks like you both had lots of fun Lizzy! Love the page, it's so artsy and it really captures that happy messy feeling perfectly! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait until my two are old enough to want to cook, and when they get there I don't know what I will do cause I don't bake :P could be fun for all of us. The layout is fabulous Lizzy and the photos are awesome. I love the cards and the second one with the triangles blew my socks off. I just love it. May have to scrap lift that one. Love coming here to see what you got going on. SO much inspiration. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice work again, Lizzy! and wtg creating gingerbread men without a form!! you are one great Ma for doing all that baking with him - will give him a ton of precious memories to cherish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucas must have the best time at his Ma's , those gingerbread men to funny. Lucas is going to have fun looking back on these memories . Great Job on the Frosty Festivities challenges. I like your interpretation, I didn't even try :{

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic memories...your background is amazing perfect for the photos !!...Lucas is a sweet creating gingerbread-men...Have a nice day...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have forgotten something....Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww....such a cute layout. LOVE the fun background....yes toilet roll stamping is awesome! Love the pink and green Christmas card...you've been using your new toy a lot!:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. that's a fantastic collage of food pictures and a really fun page - love it. Thanks for playing along at STB :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That layout is lovely and the photos are gorgeous! I'm always being told off for taking too many photos of food :) I love your cards, especially the last one, I really need to crack on and make some!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing work, love your STB page, thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the little 'lights' in the stable, and your triangles look way better than mine, all overlapping like that! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet and cute page....and the photo's just precious! Gorgeous and festive cards too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)