About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 7 November 2015

LESSOLOGY NOVEMBER CHALLENGE - GET DRESSED!!!

Hey there my friends! It's November & LESSology has a very interesting challenge.
To use a DRESS FORM on your project!
Well......I had none except one I'd gotten on a tag in a swap last year.
So she got 'undressed' & revamped!
My mate & I had been shopping in Typo [yes, DANGEROUS!!!]...
& been given a gift bag. She reckoned I could make some like them. 
Of course, I accepted her challenge.
Using plain brown wrapping paper that I buy in a roll.
So, recycled elements well & truly covered, here's my girl:
The circles to re-inforce the fastenings are from old packaging:
And a couple of closies, so you can see how I dressed my girl
after giving her a THICK COAT of gesso!
And when she's all dressed:
Mandy might recognise the little sequins and the net?
From a Let's Get Shabby win last year!
You might see a dress form stamp that I rarely use making an
appearance there in the bg, too!!
Sooo....have you got a dress form that could do with using?
What will you do with it?
Check out our LESSology blog for some interesting ideas.....
& play along! 
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Good use of that brown wrapping paper!! I admire her skirt. Fancy stuff!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the revamped dress form and a brilliant idea using a butterfly for the bodice. The gold stamping on the background sets it all off beautifully!! Totally gorgeous gift bag!! Have a great weekend Lizzy!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left a comment on Lessology for you, but this is brilliant and I think would be fabulous for a pocket letter. Have a super duper fabulous weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lizzy! I hope your Saturday is going well! Quite muggy up here, been having storms of a night the last few nights so the rain has been welcome! I saw this over at lessology, and it looks wonderful! Love how you have dressed your dress form, the bodice is very creative! Love the stamping too! And totally understand that feeling like the days are going by and no scrapping is happening, I was like that whe we got the puppy....I hope you get some scrappy time this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful Lizzy!! Clever cloggs I might think you would have said :) Love the stamping and the gold embossing, YAM!! Well done!! Have a great day! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous revamp and recycle project. I love her she is just lovely and I am SURE I saw some purple in there :P You are liking it now I just know :D So clever to make your own envelope too. I love coming here to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! I am LOVING that dress form!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any dress forms; but I do love the idea of making something on the back of an envelope. I've scrapped on a paperbag before; but never an envelope. Oh, you are full of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have those great ideas my friend... I am too lazy to make handmade embellishment LOL
    About that dress: I bought it during that vacation in a thrift shop in San Francisco... oh, how much I love them! Here in Italy you find only garbage in second hand shop :(
    I had the address of this big chain of second hand shop and I went there: I found lovely dresses for 5 dollars!! one of them was that one with flowers, I LOVE it!
    Dresses are less heavy than furniture LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really dig that butterfly top and that purple! Rock star with that gold stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy! It feels like it has been so long since I have been able to check out my friend's blogs!!! I absolutely LOVE what you did here. I am in AWE of your creativity and the way you recycled old items to make this amazing and beautiful work of art! I really like the gold stamping in the background, too. Simply DIVINE!!! And thanks so much for your visit to my blog, too. I always enjoy your visits so much! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soooo couture!! Amazing make hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! Love the way you embellished the dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome! Love the butterfly top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really beautiful, I'll never look at rolls of brown paper in the same way again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a beautiful envelope Lizzy! great work with background and beautiful use of the metal butterfly! )))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some super upcycling and a pretty result! Love the butterfly for the dress top and the lace for the bottom! Very snazy indeed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This turned out so pretty! I love the tulle skirt...:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is just so pretty...love the use you put the butterfly to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)