About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 22 November 2015

LASTING MEMORIES #267 + DEER & FAWN CHALLENGES:

I finally feel like I've been getting my scrap on! 
DEER & FAWN has this stunning inspiration photo:
SUPER cute!! Here's what I created:
Feathers! Of COURSE I had to add some....with glitter!
 Took inspiration from this fabulous colour combo, too.
Below you can see the stencil from Dusty Attic:
 Used up some of the lovely Maggie Holmes vellum bits...
 Gotta have a flair! A Piece of Cake Designs....
 And I really had fun with a bit of stitching and threads:
 And finally, a closie of the stickers:


The challenge is 'WHO ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?'
I am thankful to have a WONDERFUL grandfather in my life.
I lived with him [& Mam] for 3 years while I went to High School.
He died a long time ago, but I came across this original photo & it
simply HAD to be scrapped!
 That beige button has jungle green colours on the other side.
Had it for ages, Hadn't thought to turn it over!!! 
The smiley face is from Jennifer Grace...
and below, the cork & dotty button is a gift from my friend Jo R...
the 'love' card is done by my other friend, Jo T!!!!:
 I used pencil to journal on the card. No reason. Just felt like it!!!
The other journaling, on the below photo, is with pen. More cork from Jenn G
& Jo R!!!
 And the whole page. More paper from the VERY generous Ronda Palazzari:
I often admire big 'banners' with pp....finally got to indulge myself with some!!
Thanks for looking!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. Your take on the Deer and Fawn challenge is gorgeous. Love the photo of that bird - how could one not be inspired by that. The who are you thankful for page touched my heart. The photo reminded me of my Dad - a good old country boy and your words about your Grandfather are simply heartwarming. Love that page :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour palette for Deer and Fawn, and the feather with glitter looks fab ( and you know me and feathers) , and very impressed with your stitching and threads. Love the layout on your Grandfather, very special and touches the heart Great use of Jo's stitched Love tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! LOVING the feathers on the first one and loving that stitching on the second one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving it ..different colors for the bg !! and the stitched border,loopy threads ,glitter feather everything looks WOW..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh!! I just copy and paste everything above!! Both pages are just smashing :) Love that stamp/stencil thing on the BG of the first and both banners AND STICHING!!! on the 2nd, amazing Lizzy :) Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah so good to see you getting your scrap on! These look wonderful.. superb back ground details. love the flairs you pop on so well, wonderful memories and photos.. I hope your weekend has been good.. they go too fast..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two gorgeous pages my dear friend. You inspire me. I haven't been scrapping much as my scrap room is being revamped and everything is thick under dust. I am itching to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That beautiful blue in the first one! and the sentiment (with its celebratory banner) in the second! Along with all the little details, of course. It's good to see you tackling those challenges again

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much to love about these two pages...want want want to get up right now and make a page with a huge banner! Super cool! Love both pages...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. You are on a roll. These look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post Lizzy!! Love the Deer & Fawn challenge .. totally brilliant take (the inspo photo is so gorgeous!!! love it!!) !! A beautiful page and I love the glittery feathers! The page dedicated to your Grandfather really touches the heart. Made me think of my Dad actually, love him dearly and miss him so much even after 12 years. It's a beautiful page Lizzy, and simply glows with all the love you put into it!! Really beautiful. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two really lovely layouts, that inspiration photo is rather amazing, I might take some inspiration from it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning layouts Lizzy! Both have so many fabulous elements! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful layouts and I just love the clustering you got going on too :) The nesting with the thread and the stitching on the layout gives it some wonderful texture too. Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories
    Tina
    LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two special pages! Love them both! The top one matches the colouring of that birdie so well! Really gorgeous and a gorgeous photo too! Then your masculine page...wow...so special and really love the design here! Love that photo...a really special page and anyone can see that it was made with lots of love and care! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. don't know how I missed this post! such a beautiful layouts Lizzy! the first one caught my eyes! love this colours and differrnt textures with gold title! )))
    and also like the second LO with pretty natural tones!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man these are lovely... the second one the colours are just so earthy and gorgeous. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  18. these are just gorgeous!! perfect girlie and masculine pages!!! totally in love with the girlie one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always your pages are wonderfully detailed and perfectly composed. It's always a pleasure to have you join a challenge. Thanks for playing at Deer & Fawn Designs this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love the feather for the Deer & Fawn page, it works great with our inspiration photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)