About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Jennifer Grace Frosty Festivities Event & my CCC card for October:

Hey there! Jennifer Grace is holding her annual EVENT.
Last year I was a voyeur; this year I'm taking the plunge & joining in!
The first challenge is for a tag. I've followed the idea of mixing
a plain paper with a patterned one, & used some dies.... & 
a bit of gold, too!
The next challenge was to take inspiration from this cute tree card:
Peace On Earth Colourful Trees Christmas Card by Jennifer Grace Creates
Well, I have a Stampin' Up tree set I've hardly used.
And I ADORED the gold embossing.
I went 'CAS' [don't choke now!!!]:
I almost added some blue splats. But refrained. It was VERY hard!!!
And finally [for this post!], I decided to play with a snowman stamp
for the FESTIVE SNOWMAN'S challenge. And I also used the red/white idea:
Aren't they the CUTEST little fellas? Even if we
are in the middle of an Aussie heat wave at Chrissy,
these might cool someone down!!!
I fussy cut the hat & scarf & popped on the black snowman,
then added some stickles....THEN thought
that might work for snow in the background.
Which, I think, it did!
I really am enjoying this event! Great way to finish off my Chrissy cards in a 
timely manner. Thanks Jennifer Grace!!!

MEANWHILE & ALSO...
I have to say, the CCC always gets me inspired to do 
something a bit different. And this time I was further
inspired by this lovely shaker packet that I was given
from Jo T at Scrap Camp. So thank you Jo!!
 This time around I went with the challenge to use
ENAMEL DOTS. Since I've a few [cough, splutter!!!]
I went quite CAS. What's WRONG with me??!!!
But I just didn't think it needed anything else!
 The 'hello' is my own handwriting, then scanned and cut with my new
Brother die cut machine. MAGIC!!!
Thanks for looking at these bits & bobs...
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥
PS: Today is the 11/11 - so  Remembrance Day celebrations
are happening at local War Memorials all over Australia.
Here's an older photo of our Memorial Park, just up the road:

From the air, the flower beds show a
representation of the Australian flag, which is
pretty neat!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzy, love your CAS trees. Fab shaker card for CCC. Love your writing. Haven't had a chance to check the reveal yet cos I'm on my holibobs. Off to have a look . Have a sunny day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, must be loosing my marbles. I had already commented on the CCC post, and you have commented on my comment. I blame it on the jetlag. 1 hour time difference! Jetlag ROFL. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove those cards!!! And the CAS trees are just fab!! Go girl!!! Have a nice day in the sun!! Good night :-) Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh those gold Christmas trees look stunning , tag looks fab as well ( I must have missed that challenge ) Snowmen very cute and great use of Jo's shaker packet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwwwwwwwwww! These are all GORGEOUS!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...it's okay to do CAS once in a while...*winks* LOVE the gold embossing and those cute snowmen!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooo! I love your little projects. The snowman card is my fave........so super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lizzy !! Seems like ages I visited you blog ..Glad I could drop in today to check these cute Christmas Creations ! loved the mix of papers on tag and the shaker is fun !

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY you've done awesome and got yourself into Frosty Festivities!! Love your tag... great washi down the side.. hahaha, about restraining from adding blue on your gorgeous gold trees... had a giggle there (I do think in pictures soooooo you can imagine!) Fabulous shaker too.. bright, vibrant and makes a statement! Rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those trees on your card look super! Your snowman card is delightful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are busy! Your cards look fabulous.. love the clean cas look!! cute snow men, but they might melt in our summer!! love the snow on the back ground.. fabulous shaker card too.. and yes.. 11.11 today.. a time for remembrance and reflection..

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are super cool! You and Helen doing a shaker in the same week? What's up with that? ;-) Makes me wanna do one! Love the CAS! It's Veterans Day here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is starting to look a lot like Christmas around here Lizzy. Your tags and cards are really very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card Lizzy! ))) I like CAS style card with golden trees - so cute! )))

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are sooooo ahead of the game here Miss Lizzy and you are making me feel very bad that I haven't even started. Love them all. The shaker box is so cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been a busy girl! Lovely projects and the shaker card is super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love everything you've made. I'm really hoping to get some Christmas bits made this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. All these cards look fantastic, but I especially love the CAS one with the gold trees, it's so elegant and timeless! I don't do CAS very often either but it's fun to try it sometimes right?! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)