About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 13 November 2015

DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGE - NOVEMBER 2015: A Pretty Neat View:

We went for a bit of a drive one day. To the town just up the road.
For some reason, we'd never been up to the lookout in West Gosford.
The views were stunning. We could see right back to where our
house was!
Thought that was scrap-worthy & it worked
really well with this month's DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGE,
particularly the word 'GAZING':

I've taken the blues from the mood board & the idea of the 
trees/ bush:
Back to an A4 page. I've created the background by coating my
page with gesso, then adding Gelatos and spraying some water on the 
page to 'move' them around. A few splashes of various ink sprays and
Glimmer Glaze...
Then I added some stenciling, using the FABULOUS Dusty Attic
TEXTURE PASTE with their CIRCUIT STENCIL - I've outlined some as well
with a marker.
Just adore these MINI WORLD GLOBES. They work for so many different
purposes.
And of course, the COGS FRAME SET behind my photo is a fave!
I've fussied up the title with gesso, then smeared Gelato over the top:
It comes from WORD PACK #10. I've done a similar thing to the 
PAGE PEBBLES #3. Once I'd gessoed it, I dropped some splots of ink,
then rubbed them around with some Gelatos in slightly different colours.
It's covered with an epoxy clear sticker. A flair substitute!!!
So, there you have it. Remember, for our DUSTY ATTIC CHALLENGES,
the mood board is simply a guide to get your creativity inspired!
The prize is a BRILLIANT $100 worth of chippies from the DUSTY ATTIC SHOP!
Hoping you can join in this month
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy

16 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the splatters and the globe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers Lizzy .. this is stunning!! Glorious photo and I love the colour mix. Amazing background and a great idea outlining some parts of the stencil .. looks fabulous!! Love the chippies and the little faux flair .. gorgeous!! Love, love, love this page!! You really rocked that mood board!! Have a great weekend!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAAAHHHH!!!! Super cool BG work here!!!! LOOOOVE it!!! You have so much ide'as my dear friend!! Wish I had a little piece of it at least :)
    Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty amazing view. It's funny how we don't visit places in our back yards sometimes. Love the ink work and the pebble . Have a fab weekend
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lizzy! Another Friday! The weeks go so fast! This layout is fabulous, love the travel embellishments! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh how lovely layout Lizzy! love those fresh colours and "splashing" background! )))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful view, beautiful background, beautiful page. Your pages are always a pleasure to look at and part of that comes I think not just from your artistic ability (of course!) but also from the obvious joy you get in putting it all together. It's infectious (I need to try gelatos, don't I)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW what a view. What a layout. LOVE these colours together and the I really like the landscape :D you rocked this one Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic design Lizzie, love your photo and how it inspired you so much...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! I do love a view! So glad you got to take a lil trip and find something cool right near your doorstep! Super awesome page, love the chippy and the colors! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous view. Love your page......the background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOWZA, Lizzy! This is absolutely beautiful. I love, LOVE what you did with the mood board. Your page is brilliant - so full of creativity and artistic qualities. And that photo is gorgeous, too. And . . . I want to thank you so much for your visit to my blog and for always making me giggle and smile! HUGS to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely page. I really love the little details...and your faux flair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fabulous photo and just pops off that page! Love the design and the splashy background is super! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful...I love how you moved the gelatos around on your background.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page with such a lovely photo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)