About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 25 October 2015

Using DUSTY ATTIC NEW STENCILS for your PROJECT LIFE:

Hi there! Today I thought I'd switch things around.
 Fellow DUSTY ATTIC DT member,
Melinda Sweetman is waaay inspiring with her PL,
so I decided to give it a go, too:)
Basically this is an altruistic post. I recently received my Dusty Attic box of 
AMAZING goodies. Including their new STENCILS & TEXTURE PASTE.
 I decided a really good way of 'playing' was with some PL!
So, here's a bit of a run-down of what I did:
Firstly, I decided on my DUSTY ATTIC PAINT colours, based on the pages I'd already
completed for August:
 Then I got out my new stencils, with some white cardstock
& away I went, mixing the fabulously SMOOTH texture paste
with the paint:
Next I whacked it over the stencils. Of course, I had lots of paint,
so I then pushed the 'painty' stencil onto some other card stock
for a reverse image:
I was really pleased with how they turned out:
Lovely, LOVELY stencils!!!!
Middle L is CIRCUIT, middle R is  FLOWER BURST
Bottom L is FEATHERS & ARROWS 
& bottom R is CONFETTI
So, that was 'stage one'. Then I [lazily] used my Big Shot to cut some of these
into 6x4 PL cards:
The FLOWER BURST STENCIL I fussy cut for my date card:
Here is how it looked finished:
One of the reverse stencil cards was used to
journal over. I figured using vellum on top would work:
These precision pens work really well for writing on vellum.
I used a Pitt Artists big pen on all the Dusty Attic chippy that I used, including this
'remember' from the 
I sewed the vellum on, through the chippy. Here's the journaling card finished:
I used the other 'reverse' stencil patterns for backing my photo cards.
Here's a closie:
Blessed [ WORD PACK #21] indeed to live close by my son
and Grand Boys!
Another card I utilised below middle, has an arrow printed on it;
I simply added
some more from the 
Loving the CONFETTI stencil beneath it!
Top left is the LOVELY CIRCUIT stencil. I added
some black outline for detail.
Above on my Mum's photo I've used a round 'be happy' sentiment from the 
So, there you have it. Lots of fun using the NEW and VERY reasonably priced
Dusty Attic STENCILS and TEXTURE PASTE in some fun ways!
Thanks so much for reading this ~ I hope it gives you some ideas & inspiration.

20 comments:

  1. Lucky girl getting those lovely stencils and you have put them to good use. Your PL looks awesome, lots of good ideas. Hope your days a good one

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good!!! Like the idea for PL. Thank you! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Those Dusty Attic colours always call my name..their knocked back look always appeals.But of course, they'd be nothing without the genius behind the brush. I think this is so clever! (and you know what? you are definitely inspiring me. I came home from the shops with a tub of gesso..)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stencilling looks wonderful lizzy! They look fabulous and great use of the reverse stencil too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arghh I've just spied the stencil I want from Dusty :) now I want it even more!! Great project life cards too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love the way you coloured your texture paste Lizzy, looks really great through those fab stencils. I reckon, if I was ever going to scrapbook, it would have to be PL. I love the small cards you get to work with and it all looks really great!! Great inspiration here!! Hope you have a lovely week!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow!! You never cease to amaze me!! These are gorgeous! LOVING those backgrounds you created!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous!! Love the how the colors blend into each other. What unique and wonderful PL!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  9. I super dig this! Love those little stencils and your pretty paint choices! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the autumnal tones you've used Lizzy. Yummy new stencils to add a layer of colour and texture. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Lizzy! Great autumnal colours. And what beautiful stencils!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look good! LOVE the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look fantastic, I shall have to get my stencils out and have a go x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yeah - total inspiration! Def the best stencils... look at your miss creative! This are gorgeous! AND duh, who knew... big pit pens for chipboard... might make me use the big box of chipboard I have if all I got to do is colour them in with pens....got quite a few paint chunky pens.... will do use now! AND tell me this is true!!! You ARE doing a December daily this year!!!! Weeeeeell, we'll be waiting to see ya over at Let's December Daily soon!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I am very impressed with this- I would never have thought to use stencils etc on a Project Life page. The end result is amazing I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooooo! I never thought about mixing paint with texture paste (I don't know why not, I mix everything else with it...) :D
    Love this whole autumnal layout.

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous colours Lizzy! beautiful technic for mixed-media project life! )))

    ReplyDelete
  18. They all look great and I love those colours! I'm basically a digi scrapper or I'd be running out to get some of those stencils and paints - haven't figured out how to do that digitally. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...those stencils looks super! One can never have too many stencils!!!!! LOL....Love the spread and your stencil and paint work looks fabulous...

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW Lizzy these are amazing. Your stencil stash is just so awesome. You are a lucky lady. Love the colours and your step by step. I have so many photos of weddings, kids, holidays and I think the only way to go is PL... so I need to get over this dam pneumonia and get to work. The longer I leave it the less mojo I have. I know where I will be coming for a kick start.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)