About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 2 October 2015

K+ - OCTOBER CHALLENGE ~ NATURALLY!

Hullo there, my scrappy mates. Up at K+ this month we have a VERY interesting challenge:
I found myself at our local beach, with the DH and the Dog. 
Picking up bits, like a pretty purple shell - as you do.
Then realised I should gather a few more bits & do a page about our fave beach!
So that's exactly what I've done:
 You can see my real and pretend leaves & feathers mixed together!
 There is a fair bit of bg work on this A4 page. I've written the beach name all over.
I've added gesso, paper, stamps and some texture paste to a stencil,
then outlined some of it.

 I LOVED how the 'real' leaves were almost kraft coloured & had those little white veins. 
I created a collage in Picassa with some of my fave beach photos:
As you can see, my clusters go off the page, as this is for hanging in my house - not an album!
Thanks for looking. I do hope you'll put your eyes to the ground....& see what you can 
come up with for our current K+ challenge.
Cheers ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. I just want to touch ALL THE THINGS!!!! By the by, I'm baaaack - i think! And I've missed your amazingly incredible design inspiration. Love that bright beachy blue against the kraft. It pairs perfectly with your papers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this Lizzy , a new fave. Love the blue , makes your gorgeous photos shine. Love the black outline around your texture. So lucky to live so close to a beach. I am craving beach at the moment. A real beauty this is , love .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Lizzy! I love the natural elements & the soft colours!! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This must look spectacular on your wall .. it is GORGEOUS!! Love the soft 'beachy' colours and the photo collage .. brilliant!! Wish we had a dog friendly beach close by .. we do have beaches close but you need to go very early (and I mean very early) in the morning and, unfortunately I am not a morning person. This is absolutely stunning Lizzy!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the feathers and leaves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah the beach in the company of a dog - nothing could be finer. A great piece to hang on the wall to brighten your day. Love the clusters venturing off the page :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOHH!! This is just GORGEOUS!! So many awesome details to discover everywhere, well done, AS ALWAYS!! Love that photo of footprints... Hope you have had a great day at zoo, thnking of you <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so love your nature beachy page, gorgeous details everywhere and great challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Fabulous work of art.....love all the earthy textures! The beach name penciled across the background looks great,you have nice hand writing. Wow...only 10 minutes from the beach, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore these photos Lizzy! ))) so wonderful composition and details, those leaves and feather look amazing here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the bg...white and blue look fab on kraft !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the clusters going off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning page. I love your real and created leaved, the gorgeous colour scheme and your pretty photos. Most of all I share your love for the beach. No other place gives me the peace and restores my soul like time at the beach xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it Lizzy - you've really caught the feeling of the surf and seashore, makes me want to go beachcombing again! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi lizzy! I hope your weekend is going well! It is a fantastically warm day up here! Your take on this challenge looks amazing, love the mix of leaves, and the dash of blue and the design of your photos! A lovely page! I hope to get at least this challenge done this month.... Already the 3 rd day and I have not done a scrappy thing....sigh... And I reckon you won't last without doing challenges either! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous Lizzy...earthy and beautiful! Love the colours and the leaves! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so love this, but you already know that ;) I love the mix of leaves from real to created, its such a fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic Lizzy, what an excellent way to document such a cool place, you are so lucky to live right near the beach!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)