About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 26 September 2015

SKETCH 'n' SCRAP #57 - the card sketch & one for GAUCHE ALCHEMY:

It's funny how we have 'seasons' and 'times'
in our lives, eh? At the moment, I seem to have been
making a few baby cards. 
So, I thought this SKETCH'n'SCRAP sketch would work well
 for this one:
Card sketches Due Sept 30th
I had one of those 'left over' bits of card that I'd slapped a few things on.
Added some yellow ink spray, then went to town!
 THANK YOU Anna for the wee hand crocheted heart! It worked
a treat here! I've used some KaiserCraft bits, along with an old
Purple Pumpkin duck button. The doily is felt. I bought it recently
cos I thought it was quite a novel idea. I really like them!
A bit of stitching, some threads and banners & voila!
Baby card and present are now ready to give;)
Sketch 'n' Scrap have LOTS of challenges
each month....well worth checking out their blog!

GAUCHE ALCHEMY CHALLENGE:
 September 2015
Talk about popalicious!!!
Can you see the stars on the side?
Loved the layered colours....so that's what
 I went with!!!
 And I had fun using BRIGHTS! Especially
with the embossing of the yellow over inked
up red & black on the die cut above...
...& on the big wooden stars from Corbett Creations.
They have GREAT wood cuts & are a local Aussie shop:)
I wrote the 'joy' words then cut them on my Brother Scan'n'Cut
machine....also 'freehanded' those background yellow
embossed stars....
This is another page for my 2016 Calendar.
I thought this flower photo looked a bit like a poinsettia,
which seems to be synonymous with Christmas.
Dunno why! Anyways, red is good for Chrissy!! 
If you're interested in playing along with
Gauche Alchemy, the link for this challenge is
HERE!!!!
That's it for me today....thanks for looking!
Blessings ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

26 comments:

  1. I don't think you could possibly have found a better place for that little crocheted heart than on that card. It looks made for it. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby card, the crochet heart is the perfect touch. The brights challenge is perfect for your calendar page. Brights scare me a bit I think, but you have done a wonderful job
    Have a fabulous weekend Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll with your cards, they sure are amazing.. love the fabulous baby one.. and fantastic festivity for your calendar page.. amazing prompts to use too.. enjoy your weekend.. they go so fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOhhh!!! I adore that little crocheted heart .. so cute!! Love the baby card .. so unique and just gorgeous. Fabulous page for your calendar too. Love the layered stars and the bright colours. Gorgeous work as always!! Enjoy your weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just FAB!!! YOU are on fire girl!!! You made my little simple crocheted heart shine like a star!! Only Lizzy can fix that <3 The card is just perfect, love it!! And your LO!!! Sooo coooool !! Love those embossed stars, amazing!! Wish I could have all your fun and pretty ide'as!! Wish I could just hit the road and join you at your scrap space.... Have a great weekend my dear friend <3 Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. aaaah, what can I say - super cute little baby card - naaw with the little birdie button and crochet heart! Seasons and times????? No baby cards happening here (mores the pity) I can say I never make them.... which doesn't match with .... how much I'd LOVE to make them!!! sigh.... still hanging out to be a Gran!
    LOVE your Christmas month - totally loving the pop of colour - oooooh Christmas cant come soon enough for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous cards, love the bright colour combinations, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card with wonderful mix of textures felt,crochet ! 'Popalicious' haha..fun word n yes your calendar page pops with bright colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous!! I love those colors!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors and love love love the stars on your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable baby card using the hot-air balloon and crocheted heart. Adorable! Thanks for the inspiration; I might borrow the hot-air balloon baby card idea! :)

    The vibrant colors used for the calendar page....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of the mixed media on these! Thanks for sharing with Sketch-N-Scrap

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some pretty cool cards! Love the way you've taken two different styles xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how cute is the baby card? Love the colors, felt doily and crocheted heart! Fantastic take on the card sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your calendar page is FAB!!! You are doing such an amazing job with it! And that card is absolutely adorable. The crocheted heart is PERFECT here! I can't even tell you how much I love it! WOW!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous cards!!! Great take on the card sketch! :). Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great cards! Love the colors and the techniques you use for your cards! The crocheted heart is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card! thanks for sharing at Sketch N Scrap this month!!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is super cute! Love the colors and that little duck button is the cutest! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. That card is so beautifully put together. LOVE the colour combo.
    And that page is soooooo bright and beautiful! Your calendar is looking really good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a gorgeius projects Lizzy! Christmas card is my fav, so wonderful idea to use calendar grid and the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks heaps for playing with us at Gauche Alchemy, you totally rocked the mood board with your stars and bright colours, Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh love your calendar page! And GREAT card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loove the card....a great mix of elements there and loving your calendar page too! That photo is gorgeous...I have a fleshy plant like that, that is just about to bloom and has the same red flowers! Can't wait for it to open! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)