About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 28 September 2015

SCRAP THE BOYS CHALLENGE- September:

Oh, I did soooo enjoy doing this one! 
The SCRAP THE BOYS sketch:
I had planned to do a OTT MM LO. 
Hah! Acronyms! I mean an Over The Top, Mixed Media Lay Out!!!
But, instead, this happened. Pretty much by itself!!
 I used washi for the inside frame. Then, because it often does NOT
stay stuck down, added rows of stitching to it.
The little clusters started with tag type embellies, but somehow a
number of animals wanted to be added!!!
Added some subtle stamped 'splats' - the teddy was done on my
Brother Scan'n'Cut....the green dot tag is actually washi I covered it in....
The little dog is a gift from Anna U, I gave it a studded. Well, bradded collar
The black triangles another washi covered tag. And the little flair was one
of the gifts we got at Camp Mojo.
And lastly, a little stamped bird [on packaging that happened to be
the perfect colour! But SHINY, so I had to use STAZ ON ink].
Then I fussy cut it. More dang fussy cutting - bane of my life!
And the journaling says it all, I think;)
Thanks for looking & Happy Scrapping y'all!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

21 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this one!!!! You absolutely naild it!!! Stunning!!! Thanks:-) Anna XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizzy! What a GREAT layout for a scrap the boys challenge! I love, LOVE this photo!!! Yes, there is quite a difference in their hand sizes!!! Your page is so full of amazing details and yur design is stunning, my friend! And I want to thank you, too, for your wonderful visit to my blog!!! HUGS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the photo!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooveee this!! Fabulous, vibrant colour and such amazing details. Such a precious photo too!! Love the animals and the washi bg (acronyms!! Hah!! LOL!!) and the tags (I'm into tags at the moment) .. this page is total scrappy perfection!!! Loooveeee it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lizzy! Just love this layout! It is bright and fun and the photo is adorable! Love that the little animals got on it! That is a great sketch but I feel like I have a new born in the house!!! Can't take a puppy down to my scrap room, just too many things to destroy!! Hope your Monday is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow neon colors with lots of geometric patterns n washi !! Loved the washi tags n cute animals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun, bright page, I love the contrast of the acid green with black and white, and all the cute knickknacks - and the photo of your boys is so sweet as well, as you say the journalling says it all! :o)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome! Love your page! Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous ! Don't you love it when it just happens. Love your journalling re the hand size. A beautiful , precious photo and gosh you have made it shine. Great idea to sew the washi, agree it often doesn't stick, but on the plus, great when you want to change its position. Love the sketch, might give it a go to do the other boy ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous idea to compare and contrast the size of the hands! Such a sweet layout which grew - like Topsy! They are just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is so clever! There is plenty to look at and enjoy..and yet, and yet, the photo is still right there, taking centre stage. I think it's your colour choices especially..absolutely spot on

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just soooooooo gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SOOOO pretty! Lizzy you outdid yourself with this layout!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my. LOVE the colours here. And great use of those washi tape! Such a sweet moment documented.:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that you stitched your washi tape! Such a great page with all those animals hopping on board! They get big so quick those little ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh how great and stunning layout Lizzy! love these beautiful datails - and dog tag catch my eyes ))) all these green accent work great here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Lizzy, your layout is gorgeous with all the lovely details!!...Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the bright colours with the black and white. Thanks for playing along with Scrap the Boys

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful masculine page....yes you certainly nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love all the grunge mixed up with the washi & citrusy colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is just the cutest page! Love the washi tapes and sewing, along that precious precious photo! Love this one to bits! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)