About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Saturday, 12 September 2015

LESSology September challenge - Reading Time - My Instagram Book!

Hi there! 
Today I'd like to share with you something I've been working on for ages.
But FINALLY finished for our 'reading' challenge at LESSology:
 Originally it was a book from a local church
It was a sort of diary as to the events on in 2014.
 I really liked some of the images inside, but I didn't need nor want a diary from last year.
For ages it sat. Then I thought how I ADORE my Instagram photos, but never print or scrap them.
So, this has become a repository for these photos.
They cover all areas of my life.
From our garden, to pretty things - just stuff I like to take photos of.
Like food!
  As you can see, it's not a fussy or fancy book. The focus is the photos.
However, I did 'switch' it up a bit on some pages.
 I even tried a bit of 'zentangle'. This book is all over the show. A bit like me at times!
 Even so, I love it.

  Hope this inspires you. 
I know you're going to LOVE this challenge.
The DT girls have come up with some brill interpretations of it.Can't wait to see yours!
Come join us at LESSology this month
&, as always ~
Happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Great idéa !!!! And of course you have to scrap you daily insta photos!!! That is your life!!! Awesome Lizzy!! Love it!!! Have a beautiful new day in the spring overthere! I will say night night I think :-) Hugs Anna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!! Totally brilliant!! I love this idea, a perfect place to display and record photos of things you've done and seen and purchased .. in other words photos of your everyday life not just special occasions!! I really love that photo of the face washers .. awesome!! A beautiful transformation of a used diary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! I see it all right and proper on your blog now...and not sneaking around the LESSology DT blog taking an early peek..I'd never do that. honest! Love it! Sweet idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is gorgeous and a fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever use of a old book & will be so nice for you to flick through looking at what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ya lizzy! I saw this over at lessology and loved it! Very clever creating, wonderful up cycling! I reckon it would make a great coffee table book to look at over and over! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow wow wow!!! What an AMAZING transformation!!!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!! LOVING the photos and loving what you did to the cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally so neat Lizzy. Don't know how you kept up with it all - really great idea. I have my stuff like that in pockets in a binder but can't ever find them when I want them so... might have to try something like yours. Thanks bunches for GREAT inspiration - loved seeing this. j.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow how cool is this!!! Awesome work! Love what you've created here… instaLOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever Lizzy! I love this idea! I love your very unique and personal additions. It's so you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! True memory keeping!! I've done the same thing before with holiday snaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is an awesome book! Great way to document those Instagram snaps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a stunning little altered book and perfect for your memories...I love that you could alter it to be so meaningful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. genius idea! But have I come to expect anything less? (see what I did there?)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lizzy I love this wonderful take on the importance of books in out lives. I have been looking at an online course going will I/won't I and realised that I really love to buy, devour and then look at again good old fashioned books. There's nothing like turning a page...a frisson of inspiration and then the tumble to experiment and play.
    Such a wonderful idea to personalise and give to those who are important to you!
    Thank you too for popping by and leaving your lovely comments...you brighten some cloudy days.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is fabulous Lizzy! You really upcycled this church book and made it your own! Love what you have done here....really very cool! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely love this project Lizzy! I really really love scrapping that documents our lives...it's so cool to look back and see all the things going on in your life. So fun, and I like how the pages are so different from each other....fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun idea. Very cool. I like that you kept some of the original images and incorporated them so well into your photo's and words. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this is a wonderful idea. Hmmm something I would like to do !

    ReplyDelete
  23. and I have to say that your book is amazing! it's a great idea to use old magazines or books and change it into something special! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)