About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Monday, 14 September 2015

LASTING MEMORIES #257:

Hi there! I was thrilled to be featured over at LASTING MEMORIES in July!
It's a fun challenge blog that has 4 challenges a month, but they are not due
til the end of the month. That idea is right up my alley!
So, this challenge is to use a bold title and mixed media.
Easy peasy!
 Thanks to JENNIFER GRACE for that lovely arrow - a giveaway win!
I've given it a coating with my white Faber Castell Big Pen.
 The 'for the record' is heat embossed, above, beside the photo.
 I've made my own 'flair' using those epoxy sticky rounds [from Sawyer's Place] over my stamped
sentiment. Some washi, a Pprima stamp from Time To Create & that lovely
metal 'flower' from a win from Scrapbook Fantasies.
Here you can see I've used a Prima mask with moulding paste,
then sprayed some ink mist over it randomly to create a sort of 
'setting' for the photo.....then I added the stamping over the top.
A closie of my journaling:
 Big title, bold title, FUN to do and use up those alphas from 2013!!!
Happy Scrapping folks!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

PS: A little shout out to my friends over at SCRAP IT WITH A SONG.
This month they are holding a
BLOG HOP...
the DT have done an amazing job
& the prizes are neat, too:)
Hope you get a chance to join in!!

22 comments:

  1. I like how you have used your big title down the side of the page and the subtle misting, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love love love this!! LOVING the photo, the colors and the title work!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout Lizzy!! Love all the Prima bits! I used to love walking until I damaged my feet falling down a flight of stairs and crashing into the wall below :/ sounds funny now but that signalled the end of my walks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layout, and you are pretty good at the selfies too!! and that sounds like a great walking track.. love the back ground and big title.. enjoy your monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving how the arrow and title guide eye towards journaling and the photo ! Beautiful bg work to keep all focus on the title !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, Lovely, Lovely !!! Beautiful bg work an love the title!! Just GREAT!!! :) Thanks for sharing your art!! Hugs Anna <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So soft and pretty! Love the background effect and the colours!

    P/s: For me it's swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page Lizzy! I love fresh feeling you've captured xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is absolutely gorgeous! Love your design and the soft colours! Great! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful design Lizzy! love your bg and colours - this blue is so great here! and those little details makes layout so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lizzy! I LOVE this page so much! First of all, the title is SOOOOOO true! I love your creativity and what you did with this challenge. And I also love the wonderful photo of YOU! Thanks for sharing this with all of us! And thanks for your lovely visit to my blog, too. HUGS, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, I agree, walking does clear the head. The soft colours look great for a walk in the bush. Lovely work :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely page Lizzy. I love walking too...but more often than not that takes place indoors on the old treadmill. I walk because if I don't fibromyalgia pain creeps up on me...I also walk because I had a back operation in 2007 and if I don't walk to keep my core strong I get all sorts of old age pains. I agree that this is a time where I get all my jumbled thoughts neatly into order, it is also a time when I stick those earphones into my ears and listen to worship music or listen to ipod recordings of Revelation for our current study.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous page Lizzy and a fabulous photo of you! Love the long and bold title and such a fabulous sentiment too! I absolutely agree....walking is certainly a really good thing for the mind and soul! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Couldn't agree more here either. Hurray for being featured! This is a beautiful page, with that lovely picture of you. I really like that epoxy flair

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nothing like a good walk for sure... love the textured paste and a good ole spritz of colour... looks fabby! Effective collection of different alphas too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool LO. I agree, being out walking does give you room to think and unwind. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous photo of you Lizzy and I agree, walking is definitely good for the soul. This is a stunning page .. love the soft colour and the textures and the handwritten journaling and the design .. guess I just love it all!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic BOLD title!! Great layout and oh so true on the story of your page. I love to hike with my family! For this reason!! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love very thing about this page . The title , the photo, the little arrow and the texture . Like I said everything. I also enjoy walking with or without my dogs, You are right it is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY GOODNESS! This is simply a fantastic page! The layering and details are incredible! I enjoyed looking at your masterpiece! Thank you so much for joining us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)