About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 2 September 2015

ARTastic CHALLENGE ~ September 2015 ~ Free choice

G'day my scrappy friends!
ARTastic has a lovely painting from William Knox for you to use for inspiration this month:
You can use it any way you want BUT you MUST tell us HOW it inspired you! 
For me, I actually used the construction of the painting as the basis for my PAGE DESIGN.
I had fun 'interpreting' the painting in this way. 
And I'm pretty sure you can see the basis below:
I was really happy with how this turned out!
If you want to use my sketch, feel free. And let me know - I'd LOVE to see what you do:)
Some closies:
Glitter tape from Polka Dot Creative & PP from MME....thanks to Ronda Palazzari:
 I'm a member of an International scrappy swap [HERE]..& Heather Fleet sent me that amazingly groovy die cut flower van!
So fitted with Brenna & the 'Flowers in her hair' title:
 For my birthday, my BFF gave me a Dymo Labeller....I ADORE it! Great for journaling:)
 And below you can see some cute little flowers I won over at LET'S GET ARTY....another fabulous challenge blog for you artistic girls!!!
Our ARTastic challenge could encompass sooo much this month. Pop on over to see what the other DT girls have done. You will NOT be disappointed!!!
Cheers & Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥
GOODIES FROM & THANKS TO:
Scrappy Canary [gold arrow stickers]

19 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow! This was exciting!!! Really fun way of interpretation :-) And i turned out brill!!!
    I have saved your sketch for future, will let you know when I used it :-) Thanks!! Bless you! Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute layout, the colours work so wonderfully together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, it has a really lovely Bohemian feel to it. Really love the colour combination and how you have created the trail of flowers coming down the top corner, with little rosettes popped in and mists and sequins . Just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On a closer look may be ink splashes not beads ?

      Delete
  4. LOVING how you mapped this out! That's awesome!!! I loveeeeeeeeee your page! LOVING the photo, the colors and the wood grain!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout; love the papers you used and the way you sketched out the layout on the drawing! Super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A) love the awesome new banner! B) I loved to see your process in the interpretation of this. At first i was like... ummmmm wow... a Lizzy design I'm not actually crazy about. Then I realize you were just scribbling to make a layout for yourself. You're so beyond creative and your overall page is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how stunning layout Lizzy! love this colour combo, so girly and bold )))) and that glitter tape - just adore it! )))

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual you have been fabulously creative! Love your sketch and love the colours and trendy 70's feel to your layout! Sweet photo! Happy spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like how you changed the colour. Don't know why that's the first thing to strike me! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Making a sketch from a photo - now that's genius !!!! Love it lizzy 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous way to take inspiration from the painting!.......a sketch........VERY clever. I love the page you have created from it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did fantasticAlly with that inspiration!! And I love my dymo too! Simple tools are always the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun way to get inspiration .. love it!! So creative and totally brilliant. A lovely photo and gorgeous papers and a totally stunning page!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my word...I would not have known where to start with this challenge. I love your page...the plank background, and your mix of patterned paper and that awesome glittery tape.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you interpreted the painting. Such pretty colours on a page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your layout is breathtakingly beautiful. I love how you interpreted the challenge - sooo clever! You seem to win lots of challenges - so cool! I can't remember the last time I won a challenge… it would have to be years and years!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your design is awesome and love the inspiration you got from the painting! This page has a gypsy, 60s carefree feel to it...so loving that! Beautiful photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)