About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 11 August 2015

Mixed Media Place Excercise #10: TODAY!

Yup, see the MIXED MEDIA PLACE challenge is to pick your 'word':
And mine is TODAY. Cos of this:
The good stuff. The little things. And thus, this was born:
One of those pages where I slapped on some left over paint, then popped it
in the cupboard 'til inspiration struck!
I've added lots of stamping on the painted, stenciled bg.
The chevrons I drew, then cut with my ScanNcut:
  Below I made my own 'flair' using epoxy sticky dots from Sawyer's Place. 
Wrote the 'today' myself:)
I was quite pleased with 'the good life' stamp, below, using 2 stamp pads inked up carefully:
The Prima wired thread, behind the 'always', I just got from
Time To Create. Love it! Got some in white, too;)
And for the title I've cut one on my Brother ScanNcut, using my own writing;
the coloured one is from Simple Stories:
Sometimes it's really lovely to just scrap for yourself. This one will sit
in my scrap room to remind me of the importance of today:)
And on that note, I hope you're having a lovely one!!!
Happy Scrapping, my friends ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

Goodies from and Thanks to:

18 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!! LOVING the colors and the layered "todays"!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work. Fab colours and love that quote. One I really need to live by today.....x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page!! Love your comment about just slapping on some leftover paint .. turned out awesome!! Love the self made flair and all the handwriting .. great quote too!! Fabulous work as always!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good word and quote and love all the bits and pieces you have used. Clever girl making your flair and your handwriting is good, I don't like mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful layout Lizzy! love these todays and your background! and of course those photo with title on it is a wonderful idea! ))))

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great reminder I love the way it turned out. Not too tight, it looks like a fun page.The two color stamping came out nice! I love to make things for myself that I dont have to photograph or show. :) One day when I die my children look at it and think: what was she thinking??? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gidday! This looks fabulous, love all the details on your background, you are good at making,your own backgrounds.. Love all the special touches, and yes any creating is good I think! Sitting and forgetting the stresses is good therapy! Hope your day has been good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely page and I like the word you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. As Lizzy C says...you are so good at making your own backgrounds...and I love the sentiments on these pages....to live for today and make as much of it as you can. To live in the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page Lizzy, you're always such an inspiration - I love all the layers of interest and the way the title is written in the tea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh where's a closie of the wording in the cup? I wanted to see how you did it! I love that you scanned and cut your own hand writing. Very cool! Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh where's a closie of the wording in the cup? I wanted to see how you did it! I love that you scanned and cut your own hand writing. Very cool! Love all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool page Lizzy! Love the special little details! ;-) Love the photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful page with a heartwarming sentiment! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your page! thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the fun mix of elements!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So fabulous! So many great details and colors are just right! Thank you for joining in the fun at Mixed Media Place this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely A4 creation! Great colours & I love layouts focusing on our every day moments!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)