About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 2 August 2015

K+ AUGUST challenge - ZENTANGLE

Soooo....doodling seems to be all the rage atm.
Hence our K+ challenge:
I have a feeling some of you will love it. Others hate it.
I hated it. UGGGGH! Is what came to mind.
But, it's a CHALLENGE, right.....so.....hey ho!
Here's what I created.
Slightly OTT.
Pulled some inspiration from the likes of CHANTAL VANDENBURG.
Bright, bold and fun!
And the banner idea is cos CHANTELLE H uses 'em a lot.
And I wanted to join her!!!
I know - it's a bit of an odd banner!
But I was VERY blessed to be given a gift certificate from my BRILL DIL & son
for my birthday from TYPO!
These were quotes on the back of a little mini calendar that was on special.
YES!!!!
What happened is that I had some mist left over on the sun rays stencil.
Naturally, slapped it onto this paper. And there it sat.
'Til this challenge came along! So I went with the design of the sunrays in the corner.
And filled in the bits with some doodling!
The glasses washi came from Typo, too. Flutterby Designs tab
that I ripped into 2 & popped on either side of my photo.
Loving those resin triangles from Freckled Fawn atm, too:)
Mitra sent me this star. I decided plain cream simply would NOT do!
I did say I went OTT! I've backed the 'cool' with more of the Typo calendar.
 The wooden arrow words were all assiduously coloured with a FINE POINT MARKER.
The same one I doodled on the star with. 
I was going cross-eyed by the end of that, I can tell you!
So. I Zentangled. And if I can, I'm sure you can! 
Can't WAIT to see you have a go at this K+ CHALLENGE!!!!
Happy scrapping now ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. I love every bit of scrap of this. I cannot believe how many patterns you've got going on here and how well they all look together. Bright, bold, and fun indeed!! Wowzas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doodles. That must have taken forever! Very bold and bright and I love the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, totally brilliant Lizzy! I just love zentangles myself & I love how you have worked yours in with that great photo. Fabbo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who didn't like this challenge you have certainly nailed it Lizzy! I think it is such a fun, happy layout. Lots of colour & your doodling is fantastic. I'm not a fan of this challenge either, but I may give it a go....maybe :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. For someone who didn't like this challenge you have certainly nailed it Lizzy! I think it is such a fun, happy layout. Lots of colour & your doodling is fantastic. I'm not a fan of this challenge either, but I may give it a go....maybe :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just copy and paste every single nice word from above!! What was it now you said.... yes, CLEVER CLOGGS!!!! :) You are a superstar my dear friend!!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing - bright, busy and fun, fun, fun. Love the zentagling - is that a word? Hope to make time for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created a wonderful trendy and eye catching layout with this criteria.. Your doodling looks amazing! I hope you have a good week..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your doodling is way beyond anything I could ever come up with..so it's a "love" from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bold, bright and beeeeeautiful. You rocked d challenge theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the bold colors and the journal tag placement!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure did Zentangle Girl ! Fun, bright , happy layout. The glasses washi is a bit nice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a beautiful layout Lizzy! so bright, fun, bold and your composition is awesome! also have to say that your challenge was great and you rocked it )))

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow..for someone that hated the challenge, I think you rocked it! Just fabulous Lizzy:) Super fun page full of colour and Zentangle-ing.
    ps. I have to say thank you for your kind words......I really appreciated it, so nice of you to visit me!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all the doodling you did and the sun-rays effect. Looks fabulous mixed with your photo and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. All things bright and beautiful. Fantatsic. Love it. Thanks for talking us through all those loverly embelies. Fantastic LO Lizzy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. You already know how cool I think this is...just brilliant! Such a fun, colourful layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool. LOVE how this turned out. Guess doodling is not that bad afterall eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL...I think you did a great job...cross-eyed and all! LOL...I am not sure that Zentangle is my thing either...but it's nice to try different things and this page certainly is vibrant and happy! Super photo too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)