About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Friday, 14 August 2015

GUEST DESIGNING ~ SCRAP IT WITH A SONG

I'm thrilled to be guesting over at this month's SCRAP IT WITH A SONG challenge.
There are TWO songs to choose from:
New Kids On the Block
'CALL IT WITH A SONG' [1990]
or
Daniel Boone
'BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY' [1972]
The thing about this challenge, is you can take just one word or a group,
or the title or part of the title. It's entirely up to you:)
The words from the lyrics I used are
'...baby girl I call it love...'
The really 'spooky' thing about this LO is that I'd nabbed this GORGEOUS photo
of Trinity & Holly [in NZ]...& I  wanted to scrap it.
But we live in Australia.
 And where I live we don't 'do' snow. So, I was a bit stumped.
I believe in intuition and inspiration that is somehow 'beyond' me.
I really do. So, I reached up into my Christmas box...& blow me down!
I found [rediscovered!!!] some bits I'd won from SCRAP IT WITH A SONG
in February. And ....they were SNOWFLAKES!!
I kid you not.
So, obv, this LO was 'meant to be' as far as I was concerned:)
 I used the snowflakes as a mask & sprayed the bg. 
The pink dots are nail polish...
 Then added the snowflakes for some texture. The words were on
the page, but I outlined the capitalised words:)
 The title below, I outlined with a marker, which sort of accidentally spilled onto the 'b'
so then the whole letter got coloured in... & of course, that meant
I had to colour in a few more *winks*!!!
 The top cluster has an A Piece of Cake Designs flair.
The colour was wrong [white] so I added some alcohol ink...worked a treat!
 Some LOs really do create themselves. This is one such one!
The white splots of ink seemed to mimic that snow in Trinity's face
to a tee!
And that Kaisercraft pp was soooo easy to work with!
I do hope you get a chance to join in with the girls over at
SCRAP IT WITH A SONG...they're an ITALIAN group
& I think it's lovely to have other countries starting up these lovely
challenges!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

14 comments:

  1. beautiful work Lizzy have a great time away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! This IS so COOL!!! I love it to pieces, ALL OF IT!! Hope you do enjoy at the scrap camp :) My thoughts are with you girl!! Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some things are just meant to be! This is a fabulous action photo and perfect for the challenge. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Lizzy. Perfect page for your pic.
    I hope you having a ball at retreat and scrapping up a storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout...love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a gorgeous photo Lizzy! beautiful bg and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your GD post..Loved the snow effect in the bg..its wow..!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those nail polish dots make me happy! Love that you figured out the snow! Whooohhhooo for layouts that just work right out and go together nicely! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Lizzy. The perfect find...the snowflakes. We don't have snow here either...but I still like to play with snowflakes now and then. Congrats on the GD post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was obviously meant to be! They knew they were onto a good thing asking you to Guest..you've done them proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely meant to be . Such a great action shot , love the splashes of colour and congrats on the GD spot. Love this layout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being guest designer! This looks fabulous.Love the titlework....happy accident!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun page and photo! ;-) The background so perfect and matches the snow photo so well! ;-) Love the snowflakes and the little pops of pink! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great layout Lizzy & matches so well with that photo. Love the tiny additions of pinky red!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)