About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Thursday, 6 August 2015

Dusty Attic Challenge - August 2015 - MWAH!!

Today I'm sharing with you my take on our August DUSTY ATTIC challenge.
Pop on over to our blog for more info on the mood board,
which, remember, is for INSPIRATION....
you don't have to use all the colours or moods.
I do hope you can join in - the prize is $100 of Dusty Attic product!
You also need to use at LEAST one piece of Dusty Attic chipboard on your entry:) 
As you can see, I've mainly used the yellow & browns, with a touch of the blue
& purple in the little brads scattered around the page.
Here's a step by step on how I used Dusty Attic PAINT [Sunshine]
for my initial background:
Blob some paint around where your photo is to sit.
Using a plastic bag that has been spritzed with a water spray, squish, in a patting motion,
the paint around the page.
This is what it will look like.
Next, while the paint is still wet, use bubble wrap & push onto the page.
The removes the paint from where the bubbles touch the paper,
giving a neat pattern and more texture.
This is my final bg, ready to layer up with some mists, stamping, embossing & also some 
extra brown splats with watered down HOT CHOCOLATE Dusty Attic paint.
Below is my chippy VIEW FINDER, along with the ARROW BORDER #1 &
 They have been 'fussied up' with Distress inks, then Tinby Metallic Melts
in silver, then coated in Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze in gold.
Below you can see the ARROWS #1 set - great for showing off that brad!
 I really like using the 'waste' from the COG FRAME SET - makes a brill frame
for my photo! More metallic melts...
 And finally, a little HASHTAG besides my title. I figured it suited this 
photo perfectly. This girl LOOOOOVES her horses!!!
You can see the touch of purple here.
Hoping this inspires you to have fun with both your paints & with our challenge
this month!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy xo

16 comments:

  1. Love it ! looks fabulous, loving the background, the embossing and colour combo and your title

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love this Lizzy.......Looks fantastic. Another inspirational share...Thank You! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! LOVING the YELLOW and that fun photo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh...how fun! LOVE how you created the textures here! Fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a horsey girl I must say I love the photo! And your background looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing how you created it.. Love the cog chippie I thought it was a chippie and not a waste bit... You do the most amazing backgrounds! Love Em! And I hope your day has been great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another beauty full of color and oomph !!!! brilliant work Lizzy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful ! cool idea to use plastic n bubble wrap ,gived very interesting bg .I loved the textures on the frames too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your layout Lizzy! great work with background, beautiful tutorial))) and love yellow colour here - so shine and happy mood with it )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...so nice and messy. I love to see your process. You are so brave when it comes to being creative and trusting the process...I will jus6t end up with a hot mess and you end up with a gorgeous layout. Love the chippies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly have inspired me.....what a cool idea for creating the background, definitely having a go at this! Great Page:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOOOOOVE IT !!!!! OH!!! It's SOOOO perfect balanced an I love the yellow color an that photo is so sweeet!! Thanks for sharing your goodies :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you just come teach me everything you know about anything? Because I just want to be as cool as you. I'm going to have to try this trick with the paint because it creates such a cool grungy distressed effect. Gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ROCKING layout! Love your mixed media work here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooo. Y interesting technique to create a background and it looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, you are so good at this!!! Just found your blog and I will follow it with all your great work here. Thanks for that technique tips! Hugs Åsa (sorry for my english....)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another cool and fabulous page....love the yellow colouring and the gorgeous design! Such good fun to get down and messy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)