About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Tuesday, 4 August 2015

ARTASTIC August 15 TIM ALEX wedding

Hey there! Another month - another challenge! And this ARTastic one is VERY interesting:
Kirra Jamison created this AMAZING art work.
And this month's challenge is all about your BACKGROUND.
Take inspiration from Kirra's painting.
Use either gesso, stenciling, masks, texture of any kind & make the focus of your page the background.
On my background I used texture, stencils with a white gelly roll pen and also heat embossing powder.
I've also splashed some white ink around too:
 My boys at Alex's wedding. Originally the MME [old] paper had had some bits added as I tend to do these days, with left overs from other work.
I really, REALLY didn't like it.
So, black gesso to the rescue!
MUCH better *winks*
This is it before I added the photos etc:
I was really happy with this. Then I grabbed a bunch of patterned papers from those 6x6 pads & laid them under the photo. 
Funnily, I liked how it looked, so quickly grabbed my stapler & simply stapled them together!
Then I added a few bits, including the 'bros' star. Very appropriate! Thanks Mitra!!
The heart I've stamped on with Staz On ink. The dotty brad is from ages ago from Tania B!
Below is a close up of the background:
 My journaling. The black didn't show up, so I had to go over it with white:/
 I really like these little Chic Tag die cuts & Maggie Holmes metal chevrons:
 And lastly, the top 'ever after happily' is a Flutterby Designs tab:
So, how does the picture spark your ideas for an interesting background?
As always, I do so love seeing what you create!
And I love that we have THREE prizes each month at ARTastic - both chosen and random draw. 
Our main sponsors are MYSTICAL SCRAPBOOKS and FLOURISH WITH A BLING.
Happy Scrapping now!
Lizzy ♥♥♥

28 comments:

  1. I soooooo love the background you have created here........very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic Lizzy! I love how you changed that background to suit this page...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love ! your background and I agree with the way the layers look under the photo, looks fabulous . A new favourite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! LOVING the dark background, the stencling and the colors!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a transformation! You are amazing - I think I need some black gesso now. Love the colours of the stapled papers and the silvery look to the background of the MM. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you have re-purposed this background! Did you paint it? Spray it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Lizzy...so much to see and too love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this !! I loved the dramatic black gesso effect and the bg before adding photo is FANTASTIC.The orangish pp behind the photo adds perfect contrast !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! Lizzy it's a great idea to use MME and black gesso, you're right - much better ))) I have several old papres so should try this ))) love this combo of black and white on the bg and bright accents, so fresh and fun )))

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOOOOVE this to bits Lizzy!!! That bg is simply STUNNING!!! I maybe will lifts some of you here , wink ;) And such handsome boys you have, lovely heartfelt photo :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome Lizzy, you sure are an inspiration. Thank for sharing. Brilliant background work and a fantastic layout. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow lizzy! The background details look amazing! Really eye catching, and way to go with the gesso! Love all the layers under the photo too! That sounds like a great arty challenge... Now all I need is to find my mojo.... Hopefully it is not too far away... When I feel better...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab idea using black gesso over the background. I must remember that for one of "those" pages when I don't like the background and I tend to just throw it out.
    Love your background work with the white and the papers and photo look awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A great layout Lizzy! I do not do challenges anymore, because I am running out of time . But it would be one I love to do. Background are my fun part in scrapbooking. I LOVE your background Black and white ....it always attracks me.
    Lovely picture too by the way :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cool layout - loving your background transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gesso covers a multitude of things we don't like ;-) I love that Kaisercraft stamp you used on your background. The layout is gorgeous and I love to see your process.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhhhhh the white jelly roll pen!!! You CANT beat this pen!!! Its most definitely the best I've used.... UNLIKE the drippy white Derwent Graphik pen I've got - with it's weak bladder problem!! ANYWAY.... loving the white on black - its a fave!! gorgeous LO and great interpretation of the inspiration pic for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been born under the unlucky star that doesn't allow my white pens ever to last...so I am super excited to see that you have not only gotten black gesso to work but also a WHITE PEN! So super proud of you. And I love how you dropped that photo on those papers and then they made you happy so you stapled & used them just like that...super cool! Gives me ideas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the white on black and the texture you achieved from using then black gesso. Very striking LO. Thank you for your lovely comments. A visit from you is always a high point in my day. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a stunning look! When you said that the background had to have the focus I thought..how? how can she do this? Oh Sian you doubter...it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my! How fabulous is that background, I love, love, love it! Very cool layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cool background design. LOVE the use of black and white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cool boy page and the white stamping around the photo is fabulous, against the black background! Love the styling and design here! I also just wanted to say thanks so much for always popping over to my blog and leaving such lovely and sunny messages...they always make me smile and certainly warm my heart! I treasure them! Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is one fantastic rescue mission Lizzy :D I love the background & pops of colour. A new favourite for me! Thanks for sharing your technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never had any luck using my black gesso, but you made it look so cool. Love your background on this layout fantastic layout

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ur born again page is amazing! Haven't played much with black gesso yet. As always u make it look so easy! Love this layout.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OK >> you've convinced me that I neeeeed to get some black gesso! Your layout proves to me, once again, you are the queen of backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)