About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 8 July 2015

WORDS & PAINTERY & CARDABILITIES challenges:

Good day my scrappy friends:)
Today I'm joining in with this challenge at WORDS & PAINTERY:
Have had a fave photo waiting to be scrapped.
Fitted the adventure criteria perfectly
And here's the whole LO FIRST...
just for you Sian!!!]:
The background work consists of embossed map stamps in
white & green, then a pile of Gelatos watered down
so I could splotch them in layers over the 
embossing. 
Was WAY inspired by Missy Whidden & her video
Of course, I didn't really do it the same. I mean,
DRY BETWEEN LAYERS. Joke!!!
Oh yeah. Stencilled in there too. AND I used
a compass mask from 7 Dots Studio.
Can you find them??!!!
 I had a bit of fun with the embellies on this page. The flair are
The title are 'upcycled' magnetic Scrabble tiles along with some gold alphas!
See? FUN!!!
Below is a tab from FLUTTERBY DESIGNS, too:
This LO actually has a PILE of journaling on the card attached to the ribbon.
It's pretty personal. Basically about these lovely
step grand-girls of mine & the directions their lives have taken:)
~~~~
Meanwhile...
I joined in with this sketch:
Used my Twinkling H2Os for the lovely, shimmery bg.....
Got out the gesso, book paper,
stamps.....
 ... & of COURSE, some Dusty Attic Chippies and a feather!!!
Those WERE white blooms!
 More Twinkling H2Os!!!
 A few splishes and splashes finished it off nicely!
So, that's your lot for today!!!
Happy Scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. Errrrrrmmmmm these are just lusciously lovely!! That resist green background had me drooling. And I love how you've interpreted the sketch in your card!! Snazzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy Lizzy!!! Now you are talking to me again :) That green one is so amazing!!! You are a super star!! :) Also love the card!!! Yam!!! Hope everything is ok over there with You and your family..... Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh love the background work and the layering behind your photo .. A travel challenge.... may be tempted me thinks. Gorgeous card as well, love the quote , chippies and there is a feather snuck in there I see :) nice touch of stamping

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout with the lovely splotches of green! Love it and the way you used the tiles. Super fun!

    The card with the H2Os is beautiful (note to self: I need to remember where I stashed my H2Os and use 'em!) Love the way you used the sketch to create such gorgeous texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah you and your Mixed media is always a perfect way to embellish your layouts.. love all the layers under your photo in the layout.. fabulous stenciling and MM.. and your card is gorgeous.. love the feather and chippies.. and thanks so much for joining in with Cardabilities too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are GORGEOUS! LOVING the colors and those tiles for the title on your lo!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely layout with so many things to look at and be inspired of. I love the green and a fabulous photo! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your projects Lizzy! combination of wooden prints and green tones so beautiful and natural! your card is so elegant and the red flowers are wonderful accents!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layers you've created under the photo... like its some sort of travel diary hidden under there... I want to yell out 'duck your heads'!!! Fabby photo! The twinkie card is a STUNNER! oooh... beautiful amount of shimmer going on there and the colour palette, am in love with that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooo! I love the background you have created behind your pic. Gorgeous page and card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Liz. Gorgeous layers behind d photograph. You totally rock any colour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off - love the page for your grand-girls... so fun and so cute how you put the glasses on the IV in LIVE! Love your background too - great look. And second... the card is wonderful. I would never have thought to combine those colors but I love them together... orange is my favorite color anyway!!! Love the sentiment and that feather is lovely... this is just a very special card. Thanks bunches for sharing Lizzy. j.

    ReplyDelete
  13. FANTASTIC projects and I love your interpretation of the sketch! Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Cardabilities! We hope you’ll join us again real soon! Good Luck!
    Darlene
    Cardabilities DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your entry for Words & Paintery!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you gave us a close up of that background - it's super yummy, I'm drooling xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the background details and that is a fabulous photo. So many great elements on here Lizzy...Love the sunnies, flairs, banner, layers and the title. the layout is awesome!
    Beautiful background details and I love the orange flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card, really like the feather and the misting! Thanks for joining us over at Cardabilities!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome layout!! Love the textured layers under that fabulous photo and all the cute little embellies, like those (is it velum??) sunglasses!! Brilliant!! Love your take on the Cardabilities sketch as well. Lovely shimmery background and a gorgeous pop of colour .. love that feather!!! Awesome makes Lizzy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A complicated layout but it works! Your card is quite colourful and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hahaha...love that remark on "dry between layers"....the last time I used my heat tool was to dry my nails after painting them.
    Seriously though...I LOVE that embossed, gelato watered down effect. Really cool. And that card is sooooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another fun and super page Lizzy! Love the long title and the super background! The card is really fabulous and the colouring is soooo perfect! Absolutely stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lizzy your lo is F-A-B! Really love the light green background, love the embossing, and the photo is just awesome. You rocked those colors....and pretty card, love the gold shimmer, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow Lizzy, I called over to see your first project & here I am five posts later. Here you have yet another great layout filled with so much eye candy. Amazing project. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)