About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 29 July 2015

There's a Damsel in Distress and Some Rubber Dance Stamping happening here!!!

Heehee!!! Many of you will know BECCA from her blog, The Damsel of Distressed Cards.
This month was her birthday. And she's running a challenge!
She also has a list of her favourite things, so I took the top L picture,
which has her fave colour combo of purple and teal [!!!] &
that typography photo, along with her penchant for CAS cards:
 Becca also has a penchant for water and Gelatos. So I added that into the mix!
I heat embossed the sentiment first, on water colour paper, then smudged the gelatos 
to my heart's content.
Speaking of sentiments, that rather stupendous stamp is from a
giveaway win from Rubber Dance Stamps...which leads me to THEIR challenge!!!
I didn't go with the Optional theme this month, as we're in the middle of winter
& no school holidays or anything. I DID break out another of my Rubber Dance Stamps.
Or two!!!
I fussy cut that dancin' gal off a different bg.... yeah....still feeling SICK.
FUSSY CUTTING. Eye roll!
Then I popped her on that YUMMY background stamp also from Rubber Dance Stamps.
Added some sequins, Glimmer Glaze drops and twine..... & it's DONE!!!
Thanks for checking these cards out:)
Cheers, Lizzy ♥♥♥

23 comments:

  1. I adore your take on Becca's birthday challenge. You nailed the colours. Your tags are gorgeous Denise. Sorry I have been Mia these past weeks. Life at the Mission just gets so hectic that blogging and scrapping tends to feature at the bottom of my priorities. I do miss the interaction and I miss my friends in the computer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Cards Lizzy. Fab colours and the stamp is perfect, love the ribbon touch too.
    I'm hearing you about the fussy cutting.....but she looks beautiful balancing on the twine and another awesome stamp., TFS! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fantastic cards Lizzy. Love how you balanced your fussy cut girl on the twine. Fab and fun. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards, fab colours and I particularly love the dancing girl. Have a fabulous day

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! LOVING the colors, the textures and the designs!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you fussy cut twice in one month! oh my...you are quite on a roll! Love these two beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca's Birthday card is gorgeous! Love the background.

    Love the dancer card; looks like she's dancing on the twine; stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous cards, Lizzy - both of them!! I love the colours you've used on the birthday card. Yum-yummy!
    I'm so happy to see that you're using the stamps you won from me, and the dancing woman on a string ... so cool! Love how you did that, and the background is also very, very nice. Thank you for showing off my stamps this way and for entering the dancing card to our July challenge! :))))

    ReplyDelete
  9. so lovely cards Lizzy! )))))) love the first one - such a beautiful colours on the background and those gold accents are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the bg ..teal n purple..Becca is going to love it and those silvery hearts pop wonderfully on it ! the dancing girls on twine ..awesome ,I loved the bg too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMMM!! YAM!!! This is lovely Lizzy!! That ribbon with a knot on the first card holds the whole car together and the bg is super and...I can go on and on... :) That 2nd card is so fun with that sweet fussy!!cutted ballerina and the twine, so clever!!! Thanks for a joyful morning coffee :) Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice cards...love the pretty gelatos background! The dancing girl looks awesome balancing on the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Two fabulous cards. The first one such a lovely gesture to make a card for her and the second love the lady delicately n skilfully dancing on d twine. V creative idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Teal? The perfect pairing for purple. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fabulous cards Lizzy , Especial y love the colour combo of the first. Clever move on the second giving the appearance of a tight walk on the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lizzy! Fabulous cards! Love the background colors on the first one and the embossing is wonderful! And way to go Lizzy with the fussy cutting! It is fun isn't it!!!! Hehe! Great stamped background too! And can you believe it is Friday already tomorrow???

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely cards.... my favourite is the dancing lady....marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both are really awesome cards, Lizzy, but your card for Becca is magnificent and so HER!! You have captured her beautiful personality completely!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awwww Lizzy, I just ADORE it! Such a great color wash, with bits of sparkles and loveliness and such a PERFECT sentiment! And that second card has one of the coolest backgrounds EVER!!! I love the grungy polka dots and such an amazing vintage dancer. Thank you SOOO much, my friend for helping me to celebrate my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards!!! Thank you for entering the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugs, Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your take on the sketch/color challenge!!! The colors are perfect and love that circle die cut! Enjoy your Mojo Crop! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card for Becca's challenge and adore the colouring! So stunning! Love the vintage card too...beautiful! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)