About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

DUSTY ATTIC JULY 2015 CHALLENGE - MAGIC MUSHYS!!!!


Hi there! Today I've got a small LO - less than A4
 to share with you, using our current
It's for mounting on a calendar, hence the smaller size,
Quite a FUN challenge scrapping this size!
 I've painted up the DUSTY ATTIC POPPIES with DUSTY ATTIC PAINTS.
I kept the detail minimal, because of the page size, keeping with the mood board palette.
Can you see I've popped in just a smidgen of the blues below?? [thanks Mitra P!]
And for the 'magic' part of the title, there is a very subtle shading effect.....
I covered that lovely MAGIC chippy in DUSTY ATTIC GLOSS VARNISH, then
sprinkled lightly with the same glitter that is on the bg.
I really liked the sort of 'dew on the ground' effect of adding some DA GLOSSY CRACKLE VARNISH
to the bg stenciling, too. I wanted to keep my page quite 'earthy'...
And I actually looked carefully at our challenge picture & tried to mimic the overall design
with how I placed my elements.
My photo is the cave; the poppies the curved entrance:)
Hope you get a chance to join in with our DA challenge this month.
A VERY GENEROUS $100 worth of chippy is the prize!!
 Thanks for looking & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy 

18 comments:

  1. I LOVE the fact that your designs always seem to take the photo into consideration and really stem from that. The whole layout just reminds me of some forest floor in a remote location, which I expect was what you were going for. Super effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You work hard I see, I just left your blog at my phone to do a post at my blog and the first thing I see is a NEW post at yours, LOL!! And I am too qurious to just jump over to do my post before take a look at your beautiful piece of art. You have such fun ideas Lizzy!! Love how your die cut flowers seem to grow in to the photo, genius!! Thanks for some great input!! Have a nice day and soon good night for me :) Hugs Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab photo. Love the stitching and the way you have placed the poppies around the pic........gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! This is gorgeous!!....Lots of creative and clever ideas... love the smaller size, the dew on the ground idea, the poppies are beautiful, love the stitching, clever idea with the touch of blue and the photo is Gorgeous.....an all round gorgeous piece LIzzy. Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT will look nice on your calendar! Love the layout! SUPER PRETTY! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! LOVING that photo, the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This will look amazing on a calendar. Love the photo and the flowers around the photo. You have done a amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great photo! You would have been down with the pixies to get that photo! Love the chippies and fabulous background too! And yes the challenge is on my list! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! love these colours and details, and this photo is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect page; earthy and delicious. It brings back happy memories of mushrooming in our paddocks, with my Mum and siblings. We each had our own little billy and paring knife. When we'd gathered a few kilos, we'd head home to toast our wet shoes by a log fire. Mum cooked the mushys for tea in a white sauce with crispy toast and bacon. Whoops - off down memory lane here! LOVE this page. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the curved entrance ;)..poppies and the earthy look you have created around the photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE how you've used the chippy and the colours all flow so beautifully too xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layout; love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness Lizzy just had to pop in & have a peek at this layout. It is just FABULOUS. That photo combined with those willowy poppies is nothing short of amazing. Fab LO & fab design. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so lovely. Love the poppies surrounding the photo and the added texture of stitching and 'dew'. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This page to me is quite magical, so balanced in colours and textures. I was staring at the photo wondering how u got that effect on the bg and title. Thanks for sharing your secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE how you extended your design from your photo! Love the amazing textures here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aaaah this is fabulous Lizzy! Love the chippies that you chose and the styling so fabulous! It has a bit of a whimsical feel too! A definite favourite for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)