About Me

My photo
Woy Woy, NSW, Australia
Hi there! I hope you find some inspiration from looking at my blog. Take your time, click on some of the links, get some ideas, join some challenges, but most of all, have FUN:):)

Sunday, 5 July 2015

COLOURARTE DT APPLICATION!

Along with a squillion others, I 
thought I'd try out for the COLOUR ARTE team - mainly 'cos I have a pile of
Twinkling H2Os which I really enjoy using! 
And these are what I've used on my card.
We have to do a step by step. Stupidly, I didn't take photos.
Aaaah well.
I used Staz On ink to stamp the fish image repeatedly.
Then got out my Twinkling H2Os and using a water pen, simply coloured
the images in!
I'm not into being 'tricksy' - we all want simple,
effective ideas for using our paints!
Next, using a clear wax crayon I coloured over my fish so they didn't get
'contaminated' by my blue zircon for the sea.
The  crayon acts as a 'resist'. It does make the images a bit cloudy.
Not a problem.
Just use a blast from the heat gun, and it melts away, leaving nice
crisp TWINKLING fish coloured images behind!!!
I used a variety of stamps to create the sentiment, which I've
also coloured using my Twinkling H2Os.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was at it, I made a little mini canvas that Mitra had sent me.
Using 3 yellow & red toned Twinkling H2O colours, I ran lines of
colour [quite wet, with a fine tip paint brush] down the canvas,
letting the colour pool and dry naturally

Tiny, isn't it??!!!
Then I added 2 layers of heat embossing with different stamps - 
white and gold.
Next, I stamped the 'dream' stamp on.
... a few little goodies were added - the lace was coloured with my Mango Mamba colour.
The brass angel has been given a coat of Silks Acrylics in SOLAR GOLD.
Gives a LOVELY shimmer:)
And that butterfly? From Lizzy C...thank you! Soooo delicate!
A coat of Gloss Medium & it is done!
Thanks for looking.
Wish me luck;)
And I hope this sparks some inspiration for you folks,
regardless of getting on the ColourArte team or not!!
Cheers & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy ♥♥♥

20 comments:

  1. You ROCK Lizzy!!!! You really got ME anyway, so the ColourArte team I think. ... :-) Clear wax crayon!!! Smart! From where?! How do they look? I waaaant one NOW !! :-) Thanks for your never ending input!! Love it!! Hugs from sweden Anna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab work! All the best with your application! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...l love your little fish!!! Fabby colour and YES... best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck my friend! Finger crossed

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow lizzy! I always love your mixed media and you will be a wonderful addition to the team.. Love the fish and that little canvas is so sweet,too... All the best with the application... Hoping you get on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! LOVING the fish and the angel!! Good luck with the call ... you would ROCK this team!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squillion- that's got to be my new favorite word! Love these funky fishies and if that design team has any sense at all, you'll be hired!! Your mini canvas is really cool too. I have one of those bouncing around somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck. Love the card you created.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with the team , they would be lucky to have you ! You are always full of tips, tricks and ideas,like with your fish card, so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun post thank for your interest in being a part of the Colourarte DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so lovely Lizzy!!! Good luck, i hope you will be in the DT.
    It was very difficult for me to make cards and layout with Primary Elements pigments Colour Arte, I didn''t understand everything!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh, that has to be the cutest little canvas ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. all the best with your application. keeping my fingers crossed that you'll make the team.

    ReplyDelete
  14. super pretty on both! got my toes crossed for you on your application! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh....love that mini canvas! And how cute is that fishy card???
    Hope you get in....I want to get first dibs on that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know you will get on their team - they would be lucky to have you, Lizzy! I just love what you created - the card is absolutely amazing and so creative! HUGS and best wishes!!!! I also LOVE that mini-canvas! It really is tiny, and you created a beautiful work of art here. I also want to thank you so much for your wonderful comments and visit to my blog! Hugs to you, my friend! Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful creations Lizzy. Very clever idea using wax crayon as a resist. All d very best for ur DT application. I'm sure any manufacturer would find u a v valuable asset to their team.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck LIzzy...your card is inspirational...thanks for sharing how you created it....lots of fab ideas
    THe mini canvas looks wonderful...thanks again for sharing your tips and techniques. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with your application....the card is so super....rather fishy....but waaaaay cool! Just teasing....really lovely and vibrant! ;-)
    The little canvas so super....may it really give you wings! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment....I appreciate each & every one:):)